• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stray Dogs Signing Event with Tony Fleecs & Trish Forstner
2 2

30 posts in this topic

I am curious if anyone else is waiting for for this signature event as the deadline was in September of 2021?

I called CGC this morning and got some interesting/unexpected information about the progress of the signing event.  There is a post on CGC's Facebook page that shows the event took place on December 4, 2021.  When I spoke to CGC today to ask for an update, I got back a bit of a concerning response.  It turns out there were quite a few submission and Tony and Trish weren't able to complete all of them when they went to the CGC office.  As a result, all uncompleted books were then going to be mailed from CGC in Florida directly to Tony and Trish to complete and finish off.

This is a big concern as it is adding another shipping trip or two to a raw book and as such only increases the potential for it to be damaged or lost.  Seeing some of the QC concerns that is plaguing CGC, this isn't a good idea at all. Not only are we now 6 months past the deadline but the risk of damaging the books has gone up significantly.  Frustrating to say the least.  I just wanted to share in the event that anyone else has been waiting for an update.

Heard about this and honestly I’m over it and I’m getting close to the point where I’d just like to be refunded and they can keep the blanks. I submitted two, one for me and one that I wanted to give as a gift. I was hoping for Christmas, but I knew that was dicey. When Christmas came and went I was then hoping to give it to this person on their birthday in April. Obviously that didn’t happen. The entire thing is unfortunate. They should have capped submissions if this was at all a possibility 

I am still waiting as well.  I had opted for the double pet sketch on a first issue blank cover so the additional shipping to and from is definitely a concern.  This was going to be a gift for wife and I'm really hoping it still happen because do to ongoing health issues we were forced to put the older dog to sleep.  She was a good companion for 15 years and now it seem like the return of this book would be a wonderful tribute to her memory and have a permanent spot on the living room wall.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:12 PM, Iron_Ranger said:

I am still waiting as well.  I had opted for the double pet sketch on a first issue blank cover so the additional shipping to and from is definitely a concern.  This was going to be a gift for wife and I'm really hoping it still happen because do to ongoing health issues we were forced to put the older dog to sleep.  She was a good companion for 15 years and now it seem like the return of this book would be a wonderful tribute to her memory and have a permanent spot on the living room wall.

I feel you on this one.  The Sketch I had opted to do for my GF was of her cat of 18 years in a superman cape who recently passed away.  I can tell when speaking to her that she is really looking forward to having it back as a source of comfort.  It makes for a nice Hall of Fame plaque.  Here is to hoping that these get done soon and didn't suffer any additional damage due to the extra travel.

Also......Well done on the first print blank cover.  A little extra clout for the finished product.

The last update I have is that the majority were done and back at CCS/CGC.  The sketch covers were not done at the signing event last Nov.  They had over 300 to complete.

Trish has completed her part, Tony has completed about two thirds.  I know some have started receiving theirs.

I am still waiting on mine, it is of my bulldog that passed in 2020.  I will gladly wait until they get it done.

Spoiler

The signing event was not at CGC HQ.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:52 PM, LudaToke said:

CGC posted an update on their Facebook page and some of the sketches look amazing

May be an illustration

May be an illustration of cat and text that says "FLEECS FORSTNER SIMPSON RODRIGUEZ image AME AUA TFZZ3"

May be an illustration of dog and text that says "FLEECS FORSTNER SIMPSON RODRIGUEZ 1 imag BA"

May be an illustration of dog

May be an illustration of text that says "FLEECS FORSTNER SIMPSON RODRIGUEZ FLEECS FORSTNER SIMPSON RODRIGUEZ STRAY DOGS LOOGS AMP122 Ση"

May be an illustration of dog

May be an illustration of dog and text that says "FLEECS FORSTNER SIMPSON RODRIGUEZ image ANE!22 TA"

May be an illustration of text that says "FLEECS FORSTNER SIMPSON RODRIGUEZ ima STRAY XOGS WII M"

May be a cartoon

May be an anime-style image of text that says "FLEECS FORSTNER SIMPSON RODRIGUEZ SOGS mage 1 12"

Evidently a bunch more came in during Megacon. :)

I am personally glad mine is still a mystery.  All of them that have been revealed are spectacular though.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:54 PM, Iron_Ranger said:

Book moved to grading/encapsulation this week.  Light at the end of the tunnel.

That is great news.  Did you have your signed up for a press?  Just curious about the timing as I signed mine up for a press and haven't seen the status change since August of last year.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:55 PM, LudaToke said:

That is great news.  Did you have your signed up for a press?  Just curious about the timing as I signed mine up for a press and haven't seen the status change since August of last year.

I did sign up for a press, even better I just got a shipping notice today and was able to pull a 9.8

On 6/28/2022 at 9:41 PM, Iron_Ranger said:

I did sign up for a press, even better I just got a shipping notice today and was able to pull a 9.8

That is awesome.  Congrats on the 9.8!  I would love to see what you had done when you get it back.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:01 PM, LudaToke said:

That is awesome.  Congrats on the 9.8!  I would love to see what you had done when you get it back.

Should be back tomorrow looking at the tracking.  I'll make sure I get a picture up sometime this weekend if it come.