• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name some other ice cold keys
4 4

60 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 11:23 AM, Wolverinex said:

Agreed,  thats why I've been looking for an action 242

A blue label 6.5 seems to be the only grade that got the comic boom bump. I would agree, this is the time to buy

242.JPG

I think the test is often “the first time this was done on screen was it done well?” Disney seems to have success taking a second or third attempt at a character they didn’t get right the first time. But AT&T throws any character in the dumpster that didn’t take off the first time. So things like Preacher and Y: The Last Man (properties I am very emotionally invested in personally) will likely never get a second attempt.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:54 AM, Robot Man said:

I would have thought that of Groot or Rocket Racoon. Who would have ever imagined?   (shrug)

True but after a movie or TV show comes out and nuthin-like with Alias, its dead in the water permanently.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:29 PM, october said:

It might be ice cold, but I would sell pretty much any of my Marvel keys before coughing this one up. Much, much harder to replace in decent shape with good eye appeal. 

action 242.jpg

It's a shame, because Brainiac's a great character, and a lot could be done with him on-screen.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:46 PM, Ken Aldred said:

It's a shame, because Brainiac's a great character, and a lot could be done with him on-screen.

What does Brainiac....do?

I haven’t read a Supes comic with Brainiac in it since I was a child.  

Edit:  Actually I was 11

Went and found the book in my childhood longbox.  I’ll give it a read right now & find out...

18518ED3-8499-4124-B339-1C79BEDE0686.thumb.jpeg.9e18442114479316142844c0166e0d61.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 4/9/2022 at 12:13 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What does Brainiac....do?

I haven’t read a Supes comic with Brainiac in it since I was a child.  

At his worst, an android, alien super genius with a complete disregard for any organic life, there to serve his needs, at most.  The original version mimicked human emotions to ingratiate himself with the Coluans, but the robotic-looking 80s version was stone-cold emotionless.  Both, however, were focused on tyrannical, planetary domination.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:30 PM, MisterX said:

Dead T.V. shows, you say?

How about...

Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man 64?

:wishluck:

Or more recently, how about Runaways 1?

:idea:

Those are good ones!

On 4/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, Ken Aldred said:

At his worst, an android, alien super genius with a complete disregard for any organic life, there to serve his needs, at most.  The original version mimicked human emotions to ingratiate himself with the Coluans, but the robotic-looking 80s version was stone-cold emotionless.  Both, however, were focused on tyrannical, planetary domination.

Just reread Action 530.  You summed him(it) up perfectly.  Created a planet eating machine.  Now I have to find out when Superman went back and rescued him from the planet he encased him in....

On 4/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Just reread Action 530.  You summed him(it) up perfectly.  Created a planet eating machine.  Now I have to find out when Superman went back and rescued him from the planet he encased him in....

Like Kang,  there are multiple versions of him.  One of his superpowers is his superior level 12 intellect.    And he flies around in the coolest ship.  Imagine this on the big screen.

679477-brainiac_s_skull_ship.jpg