• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spare a grade? Shazam #2 - 1973

6 posts in this topic

Would you folks care to help me grade this one, and perhaps speculate on it's approximate worth?

I'm not sure how to grade it myself. At first view it looks really nice. Really flat and very reflective. Staples are pristine and look better than most moderm books. No spine roll, splits or tears. Bottom corner is absolutely square, top corner has just a little... I don't know what to call it.. rounded I guess, like a few millimeters of the tip of the corner was once folded. There is a black line across the 20 cent cover price. Not sure what it is, but it's slightly sticky, like a rubber type glue that feels like it might clean off by someone with the know-how. (I would never try.)

Anyway, here's the comic. I'm wondering if it's worth while for me to get it CGC'd before I try to sell it.

Thanks for the grade and the advice...

shazam_front.jpg

shazam_back.jpg

Depending on what that line across the price actually is could be a big difference. It could be of kin to a date stamp, or it could be glue which would be a grade killer for this book.

As low as 7.5 or as high as a 9.0 depending on that mark across the price.

Depending on what that line across the price actually is could be a big difference. It could be of kin to a date stamp, or it could be glue which would be a grade killer for this book.

As low as 7.5 or as high as a 9.0 depending on that mark across the price.

Agree on the grade.

Probably not worth much... frown.gif

Yeah, 7.5. Too bad the number 1 in high grade is a decent one to have.

I have #1 as well... 1 to 12... and some doubles.

I honestly thought it would grade higher. I look at some other 7.5's and they seems much worse. Really it seems quite nice in person other than that sticky stuff on the price.... I guess education for me.

I wonder how I can find out what that sticky substance is?

Thanks for the grade.