• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Con April 23!
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, AnkurJ said:

Saturday, April 23rd!

HOURS
10:00am - 3:00pm 

NEW LOCATION!
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndam
350 Lightning Way
Secaucus, NJ

ADMISSION
Adult admission is $10.00
Children are FREE!

Parking is free!
Since 2009 Comic Art Con has brought to the masses a show dedicated exclusively to a true American art form -- original comic book art.

NO COMIC BOOKS! No hustle and bustle of the big cons! This show is a gathering of comic art collectors to buy, sell, trade, network and talk comic art...and only comic art!

C50E02E3-41A7-4274-A4B8-1D5EC02445AF.jpeg

So we're only allowed to talk about comic art at the show? hm

Roster includes:
Jim Warden 
Will Gabri-El
Dom Masullo
Hans Kosenkranius
Nathan Rose
Robert Stevenson 
Rich Donnelly
Albert Moy
ComicLink 
Bechara Maalouf
Anthony Snyder
Brad Savage 
Metropolis/Comic Connect
Jason D’Ambrosio and yours truly

Edited by AnkurJ

On 4/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, AnkurJ said:

Saturday, April 23rd!

HOURS
10:00am - 3:00pm 

NEW LOCATION!
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndam
350 Lightning Way
Secaucus, NJ

ADMISSION
Adult admission is $10.00
Children are FREE!

Parking is free!
Since 2009 Comic Art Con has brought to the masses a show dedicated exclusively to a true American art form -- original comic book art.

NO COMIC BOOKS! No hustle and bustle of the big cons! This show is a gathering of comic art collectors to buy, sell, trade, network and talk comic art...and only comic art!

C50E02E3-41A7-4274-A4B8-1D5EC02445AF.jpeg

Is anyone there going to be selling supplies? It would be a nice change of pace.

I did attend this morning, and would love to see pics as well since I'm not a photo guy.  I saw a lot of nice art for sale at high prices, as one might expect, and walked away with nothing.  I wrote down some pages to think about, however, and appreciated the range of material in the room.  Others, I'm sure, will have more to say, but it sure was a fun way to spend 2 hours standing around...

Dan

This was my 3rd after the 2 in 2021 so I don’t know how the pre-pandemic shows were, this did seem fuller than others I’d attended.  
Did not buy anything but always fun seeing all of that OA in one place.  It’s about a 2 and a half hour drive for me each way.  So I probably spend about twice as much time on the road on a Comic Art Con day versus at the show, but still a worth while experience that I look forward to each time.  Much of what was there could also be found on the dealers websites but highlights for me were seeing all of the John Byrne pieces at the one table, as what he had there was more than you see at any one time on his eBay and CAF, also nice to see the prices labeled on the Donnelly’s wares at shows.  
There was a piece or two I was hoping to get from the Donnelly’s but they hadn’t brought them.  I was afraid to ask before the show as I thought an inquiry would influence asking price.  Maybe next time.  

On 4/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, g-man said:

Great pics…

any sales of note?

anyone come in w $10k in cash and haggle? 

Yes. I had an offer on a piece but it was lower than I wanted to go.