• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Membership Cancellation
1 1

26 posts in this topic

I signed up for a $150 membership yesterday not realizing the grading prices have hiked. Just minutes after signing up I emailed CGC In hopes to cancel the membership and get a refund since I will not be using the service. I still have not received an email back. Has anyone experienced something similar to this? 

• Administrator

Hello

This is posted in in our FAQ about membership cancellation.  Do to a large volume of e-mails, It may take customer service a while to answer your e-mail.  I recommend waiting a while and see what they say.

Because of the benefits of your membership, a prorated refund is not available. However, if you have signed up for auto-renewal and wish to cancel your membership (and have not used the grading credits that come with certain membership tiers), you may receive a refund of your membership dues. The request to cancel must be in writing within 30 days of auto-renewal and emailed to CGC Customer Service at Service@CGCcards.com.

Mike

• Administrator
On 10/1/2022 at 8:58 AM, TheLoneRanger said:

i like to cancel my CGC Membership.  Thanks

Lou Servideo

Hello,

I have turned off the  auto-renewal of your account. You will not be charged another year of membership. Let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

• Administrator

Hello Andrew,

It looks like the account you are currently logged into is a free account. Could you please send me a DM with your customer number or email address of the account you may be referring to? 

image.png

• Administrator
On 1/22/2023 at 6:28 PM, Cameron Smith said:

Hi, 

I'm confused on the specifics of the "membership dues". Will the refunded dues include the unused credit of $150 for premium members? I haven't used those credits yet since my membership renewed and would like to cancel it. Thanks in advance.

Cameron

Hello @Cameron Smith

Thank you for your question. I reviewed your membership, and I see that it was upgraded about 4 months ago. The window to cancel the account has passed so the account is not eligible for a refund. I confirmed that autorenewal has been turned off so you will not be charged for a new year of membership when your current membership expires. 

In regard to your initial question, when a Premium or Elite membership is cancelled within 30 days, only the membership fees are refunded. The grading credit will be removed from the account when it is downgraded to a free account. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:37 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Cameron Smith

Thank you for your question. I reviewed your membership, and I see that it was upgraded about 4 months ago. The window to cancel the account has passed so the account is not eligible for a refund. I confirmed that autorenewal has been turned off so you will not be charged for a new year of membership when your current membership expires. 

In regard to your initial question, when a Premium or Elite membership is cancelled within 30 days, only the membership fees are refunded. The grading credit will be removed from the account when it is downgraded to a free account. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Thanks for the clarity. I might as well use those credits...

• Administrator

Hello @Poké-Oh! TCG, when you go to make a submission, the price does not factor in the credit you've received. We do not charge you until your submission gets to us in-house, where we will apply your credit and charge you for the remaining difference. There's nothing you need to do on your side, the credit will be automatically applied to the order once we go to take the payment. If you feel that we have charged you without applying your credit, feel free to send us an email directly and we can take a look at it for you!

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello @OpticSportsVendor

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can confirm that auto-renewal has been disabled on your account. You will not see any membership charges processed unless you initiate a renewal or upgrade. Your membership fee was processed over 30 days ago and the account was used during the membership period so it is no longer eligible for refund. 

if you have any other questions, please let us know.