• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - CLOSED MODS PLEASE REMOVE IF POSSIBLE
5 5

134 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2022 at 5:10 PM, KCOComics said:

It's a tough situation and I'm empathetic to Dave.  And truthfully, the 13 months doesn't concern me, because grading and working with auction houses take time. So the timing isn't shocking. 

But I do think the time to argue was when you received the books. At that point you have to review the books for yourself and either accept his grade or return them.

I hope you guys can meet in the middle somewhere.  

I did have misgivings before they were ever shipped, that is documented. What did I recieve were more assurances that I'd be happy with the trade and if not Roger would make it right. 

On 4/9/2022 at 6:19 PM, Diamonddave said:

I did have misgivings before they were ever shipped, that is documented. What did I recieve were more assurances that I'd be happy with the trade and if not Roger would make it right. 

Is there a solution you would be satisfied with outside of the full $2800?? 

If he bought additional books? Or gave you additional books? Something in the middle? 

On 4/9/2022 at 5:21 PM, KCOComics said:

Is there a solution you would be satisfied with outside of the full $2800?? 

If he bought additional books? Or gave you additional books? Something in the middle? 

All of this has been discussed over the last 8 months, nothing has come of it. That is why I came here. This is a last resort.

Edited by Diamonddave

On 4/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, Diamonddave said:

No, I had reservations from the beginning, and I asked for reassurance from Roger66. He reassured me and said if it came back lower he would make it right. 

This is where I think the sticking point is for the entire trade. I've seen it stated multiple times throughout the thread "Roger said he would make it right". The issue is, there is NO stated clarification of what "make it right" entails. In completing a purchase or a trade, I would make sure to have specifics and clarification on every aspect. 

The tough part is, the boards are full of great, trust-worthy people, so we tend to throw caution to the wind as it pertains to details. Unfortunately, in this trade, the Devil was in the details and those details were not specified.

I would be happy to moderate, if you all need someone. If not, my 2 cents is this...

There is responsibility on both sides for where this situation resides at present. Somewhere in the middle is resolution. Maybe not Skittles and Rainbows, but resolution. 

On 4/9/2022 at 5:52 PM, Roger66 said:

David - I respectfully disagree.  I addressed this just now and I would ask anyone to moderate our disagreement by fully hearing each of us out.  Best, Roger

Just to clarify, do you believe that you have some degree of obligation towards Diamonddave, or not? I am looking to clarify if this a disagreement about the amount of compensation, or, whether any compensation is owed?

On 4/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, Diamonddave said:

They have in house pressing, yes. 

:eek:  I think you should complain about their service.

As I recall many people have complained their grades, NOW I am concerned about their pressing service.

Edited by JollyComics

On 4/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, crassus said:

Just to clarify, do you believe that you have some degree of obligation towards Diamonddave, or not? I am looking to clarify if this a disagreement about the amount of compensation, or, whether any compensation is owed?

Yes - I believe I do have some degree of obligation (more moral and ethical here btw) to David but not even close to what he has expressed I owe him to make him whole.  I look at the Boards and the small pool of  solid collectors I've dealt with here over time as friends if not good acquaintances.  I am disheartened by all of this (and of course not as upset as David) but I do believe he may bear some degree of responsibility here so far as it appears 2 books were damaged once they left his hands and other factors I have expressed.  

On 4/9/2022 at 5:35 PM, Joshua33 said:

This is simpler than it seems. @Diamonddave Are you willing to accept ANYTHING other than $2800 from Roger to "make it right"? If so, what does that look like?

It sounds fair and I had to point at Metro for a bad pressing service. @Diamonddave  Go talk with Metro about it.  They may make it right too.