• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stupid Question...... since submissions take months and months what happens if you have to move period
2 2

16 posts in this topic

CGC let's you change your address but not for submissions. Honesty what a load of manure. So you sell your house are forced to move, yes I know you can have the postal office I guess, and if I remember you should get an e-mail from them that Fed Ex is sending it and you should be able to send it to any Fed Ex location  I guess my October subs I will get the email unless I have a power outage or a lost PC

joker.jpg

• Administrator

Contact customer service.  We can either change the address now or put a note in that you will contact us with the correct address later, and put a hold on shipping your books until you let us know which address to use.  

On 4/11/2022 at 8:41 PM, WEBHEAD said:

CGC let's you change your address but not for submissions. Honesty what a load of manure. So you sell your house are forced to move, yes I know you can have the postal office I guess, and if I remember you should get an e-mail from them that Fed Ex is sending it and you should be able to send it to any Fed Ex location  I guess my October subs I will get the email unless I have a power outage or a lost PC

Re: in bold above -

I have never gotten an email from CGC or FedEx that my shipment is on its way, or any notification of ANY step in the process.  I doubt anyone ever has.  Not part of their work flow.  Terrible in that regard.  No stars.

You have to watch your dashboard to see the progress of your submission.  When it gets to Grading/QC, pay particular attention as it could complete soon after that, and be winging its way to you (unannounced, of course).  Then you check the tracking link to set up your own notifications with the carrier.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:00 PM, Lightning55 said:

Re: in bold above -

I have never gotten an email from CGC or FedEx that my shipment is on its way, or any notification of ANY step in the process.  I doubt anyone ever has.  Not part of their work flow.  Terrible in that regard.  No stars.

You have to watch your dashboard to see the progress of your submission.  When it gets to Grading/QC, pay particular attention as it could complete soon after that, and be winging its way to you (unannounced, of course).  Then you check the tracking link to set up your own notifications with the carrier.

I get an email from CGC and a notice in my FedEx app that I have a package on the way.  At this point I think it would be too late for CGC to divert it but FedEx definitely could.  UPS has a better app, but they're not used anymore.

Also, I was away from home for work for an extended timeframe when an order finished, so I called CGC customer service and had the box shipped not to my house, but to where I was working at the time.  I think I did have to wait until it was in the Grading/QC step, but I usually check my submissions at least once a day when I think they may be getting close.  

CGC Shipment.jpg

oddly enough this is happening to me now. Sold home, moved this past weekend and i changed my address with cgc well in advance, but my books are still being delivered to my old address today via fedex. When i called cgc the woman basically couldnt give 2 chits and it was a too bad so sad type of response

Edited by Courageous Cat

On 4/12/2022 at 5:38 AM, wardevil0 said:

I get an email from CGC and a notice in my FedEx app that I have a package on the way.  At this point I think it would be too late for CGC to divert it but FedEx definitely could.  UPS has a better app, but they're not used anymore.

Also, I was away from home for work for an extended timeframe when an order finished, so I called CGC customer service and had the box shipped not to my house, but to where I was working at the time.  I think I did have to wait until it was in the Grading/QC step, but I usually check my submissions at least once a day when I think they may be getting close.  

CGC Shipment.jpg

I would like to know how you got that email from CGC, @wardevil0.  I see no setting in my profile that will produce one (Profile>Communication Preferences).  If you know how to set that up, please post the method.

I can see a check box for text messages, but in addition to submission updates, it also includes offers and breaking news.  I might turn that on anyway to see if I get carpet bombed with useless messages.  Maybe it will actually be helpful.

I get an email when the submission is created, one when they charge it to my credit card (could be at any time in the process), but no emails at any specific point in the grading steps, nor one at time of shipment.  Radio silence.

Even setting up notifications with FedEx only helps to a certain extent.  Once you (proactively) see on your dashboard that the submission has been shipped, you can follow that link to the page showing the shipping info.  For me it's FedEx, and there is a link there to set notifications.  So I do.

Problem is, they only show a scheduled arrival date.  You can try to plan for that, but sometimes it comes before, sometimes after.  Even though the boxes are set for Signature Required, the driver will leave it and sign himself (per Covid protocol).  Used to be they would hold it, leave you a notice, redeliver to get signature.

In February, CGC shipped 6 boxes to me the same day, 6x25 comics.  Scheduled for a Wednesday, which was great for me.  On Tuesday, I had to be out of town, left early in the morning.  Got a notification after leaving that 5 of the boxes were going to be delivered that day, a day early.  I had no backup plan on such short notice.

Got home to find this in my driveway next to the walk:

20220109_141306.jpg.93cd408ef6b9f79a3b84fbfea8032cb3.jpg

That's over $25k in comics sitting out in the open on a rainy day.  Not even brought onto the covered steps, which is where every other delivery is left.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:41 PM, WEBHEAD said:

joker.jpg

Did you write out the word "period" in the thread title instead of inputting a "."?

I like it exclamation point

On 4/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Lightning55 said:

I would like to know how you got that email from CGC, @wardevil0.  I see no setting in my profile that will produce one (Profile>Communication Preferences).  If you know how to set that up, please post the method.

I can see a check box for text messages, but in addition to submission updates, it also includes offers and breaking news.  I might turn that on anyway to see if I get carpet bombed with useless messages.  Maybe it will actually be helpful.

I get an email when the submission is created, one when they charge it to my credit card (could be at any time in the process), but no emails at any specific point in the grading steps, nor one at time of shipment.  Radio silence.

I'm not aware of anything I did to get the shipping summary email.  It's sent from the same mailbox as the credit card charges, donotreply@cgccomics.com, so if you get the one you should get the other.  I certainly agree that it would be helpful to get emails whenever the status changes, which should be relatively easy since the invoices are linked to your account.

The UPS app was far better than the FedEx app. I would get notices when I had a delivery expected on a day, and could even track the truck on GPS to see its circuitous progress to the house.

passed the 8 month mark today so my subs are no longer on the page, and I am also planning on moving (withdrew an offer yesterday after things broke down due to timing)

ugh

double ugh

I get the your books have shipped emails IIRC.

I can't imagine what the difference is for why some people get these emails and some don't.  I've been a paid member pretty consistently since at least 2013, back when they physically mailed you a coupon for four free gradings.  I have shipping notification emails as far back as January 2016 and as recent as March 2022.

I too get an email of when:

They check in, both to ccs, and cgc

When I'm charged 

And shipped.

Maybe they're missing it because the email doesn't say shipped with a tracking#?

The email is very nondescript, and pretty much just says "your cgc shipment, submission, or other, with a attached file that pretty much just shows the # of books total. Not even the titles or what not"

I can see how this may get lost in the shuffle, orc heck your spam folder lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I've always gotten shipping emails. (shrug)

On 4/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, Bird said:

passed the 8 month mark today so my subs are no longer on the page, and I am also planning on moving (withdrew an offer yesterday after things broke down due to timing)

The 8-month cutoff is incredibly annoying. I have 2 submissions now that have simply vanished from their site. I had to call customer support to get confirmation that the books were still in their system.