• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else lately getting grader notes that include "finger bends to cover"?
4 4

86 posts in this topic

Makes you wonder how these 'phantom flaws' are getting thru multiple graders.  If the grader notes say finger bends, does that mean all the graders saw them?

This procedure would be most welcomed:

The head grader (or other knowledgeable employee) takes a random comic that has already been graded but not encapsulated. Gathers any and all notes by all graders of the comic. Goes over the comic while looking at the recorded notes by all graders.

Another question (which may be a no-brainer to some): Using the verification number, can CGC determine who graded the comic?

Here we go again...

Submitted 14 books - every single one of them not only had the return of the dreaded "light finger bends to cover", but have now added "light fingerprints to cover" to most of them as well...

Seeing as I cleaned each book myself and wore white cotton gloves, I'm pretty sure where they came from.

Just received three books back and two of them are noted "finger bends on cover." Not even "light finger bends," just "finger bends." Not only were there no finger bends on these books when I submitted them, I'm still unable to find any finger bends on them.

finger_bends 02.jpg

finger_bends 01.jpg