• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question About How the Hobby Views Restoration
6 6

63 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2022 at 8:48 PM, KCOComics said:

Wow!!!! 

Two incredible books. Not long ago I was looking into a restored Bat1... I figured I could unload SA keys and get into a restored copy. 

But that book has been awfully hot the last few years. I'm not sure where the price is today, but I think that ship has sailed for me. 

And an AC2!!! Just incredible!! 

Thanks! I was thrilled when I finally acquired the Action. It was on my grail list for some time and didn't disappoint when I got it in. I absolutely love the O'mealia cover and cracked it out of the slab the day I got it to check out the interior. It honestly gave me chills paging thru it knowing how close it was to the start of it all! Certainly as close as I'll ever get to an Action 1.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:22 AM, Buzzetta said:

Here is another one I picked up - Joey worked his magic on this ... 

It may have only gone from a 3.5 to a 4.0 but that 4.0 looks much better than the 3.5 with that spine roll removed. 

Previous 3.5 pic taken from Heritage where I had won it eight years ago. 

image.png.0ddacc6ae2582077d6bcb26e37e9f49c.png

image.thumb.png.e22d06595e8cc3dfca57a374bbb31adf.png

I love spine roll removal.

Add me to the resto club! Sigh. Had no idea there had been restoration done to this book when I bought it, so I’m a bit bummed that it came back with a purple label. Definitely encouraged by the optimistic posts in this thread, and it presents beautifully (despite the PLOD), so I may just keep it (versus flipping it for a blue label 3.5 or lower).

ACE6192E-3FDF-4EBE-978E-F85CF1F0D6EC.jpeg