• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

763 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 4:37 PM, lighthouse said:

That’s some RIDICULOUS art…FC9C8ABF-4F4E-4DC6-9522-C6266932D8DF.thumb.png.674cb40fdb2cbbbf0c390a76de5f941f.png

Batman 428 interiors selling as a set ? Boooo. Sounds like a bad financial decision to me, so many great pages in that issue including the splash page with Bats carrying Robin. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jim-aparo-and-mike-decarlo-batman-428-a-death-in-the-family-part-3-complete-22-page-story/p/7274-92002.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by TeddieMercede

On 4/21/2022 at 9:54 AM, TeddieMercede said:

Batman 428 interiors selling as a set ? Boooo. Sounds like a bad financial decision to me, so many great pages in that issue including the splash page with Bats carrying Robin. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jim-aparo-and-mike-decarlo-batman-428-a-death-in-the-family-part-3-complete-22-page-story/p/7274-92002.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Arbitrage opportunity... :popcorn:

On 4/21/2022 at 8:04 AM, Twanj said:

I think Teddie was indicating HA would get more if they sold the pages individually, rather than a single lot of complete interiors.

and history has shown he’s correct.  It just sets up a great arbitrage situation for Burkey or another dealer to buy the lot and sell the pages individually on their website.

we all know Burkey has done this with ASM 10 (and many other complete stories/books), and Albert has done the same, too (recently with a Ditko unpublished Flash Gordon story)

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 4/22/2022 at 7:59 PM, Xatari said:

Congratulations! Care to share what you have selling?

Thanks. I'm gonna keep it chill for now. I will share after results are done. Jinxy and all that. 3 in signature and something weekly from mid may until early august. Now the trick is to actually get a check and not spend it as I go!!!

On 4/23/2022 at 7:43 AM, Bird said:

I have some things consigned, first ever placement in a signature auction! w00t w00t

Good to hear.  I thought your negotiation with Heritage had not gone well.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:43 PM, tth2 said:

Good to hear.  I thought your negotiation with Heritage had not gone well.

no it is fine. Just no clawback but still the place for the items.

I have been a 0% consignor for a while, and they kept those terms even on a lower level consignment a while back, so I am calling it a wash. I put in about 60K worth of items, a big number for a normal guy like me, and 0% with a nice advance is acceptable. Pushing for a few % was a reach perhaps, but now I know what to offer next time if I want to try for that again.

Edited by Bird

On 4/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, Bronty said:

I like that too.   Sadly, I suspect that's all I will do, is like it.

oh, all I am doing is commenting as well. 22 pages and early pages seem to be $4-$6K in past...hmmm where is the over/under point? 100K over / under? 125? in what world is there someone going to pay $100K for cerebus, even 22 pages from a very early issue? Is it too early given the style or is the early style preferred? the serious bidders will all have different answers/degrees so who knows?

This is another good one for the creator see any $ discussion in that it provides an interesting contrast (I don't know too much about Sim and zero about circumstances consignor is in). Sim sure seems to have zero income at this point, selling the issue will be a nice windfall I imagine for the buyer (well played and clearly no one was buying this for resale, I bought a few in 92 or whatever when Dave and Gerhard had them spread across a few tables on their tour, $100 each or maybe $125 the second time, buddy and I bought pages from the same issue, one of which is consigned but not yet listed)

Edited by Bird