• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Copy of Superman 1 CGC 8.0 Sells For $5.3 Million
4 4

112 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2022 at 11:20 AM, Timely said:

A good friend of mine was in line to buy the book from Redbeard back in the 90's for $150k.  He had a deal in place to buy every MH Redbeard had, and did so for many, many years. Towards the end of his deal, he felt paying 150k for a "low grade" Mile High was not in his best interests, so he passed on the book. The book made it's way to Bechara.  

that has to sting a bit now

On 4/13/2022 at 6:30 PM, Poekaymon said:

About 10 years ago I won some bitcoin in a video game tournament.  It was basically worthless and I didn't bother to collect it.  Worth over a million dollars now.  Them's the breaks.

ouch !

To add to its cachet, this copy hails from the famous Edgar Church/Mile High pedigree collection, the greatest accumulation of high-grade comic books ever discovered, and the benchmark against which all other collections are compared."

Did Chuck write this? 

It's sales like this and the CGC 9.6 Amazing Fantasy 15 that makes me wonder why the CGC 9.0 Action #1 didn't sell for higher than it did. I realize it was 8 years ago and it was a record price at the time, but that sale should have blown all previous records out of the water by a higher margin.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, Comicdave said:

It's sales like this and the CGC 9.6 Amazing Fantasy 15 that makes me wonder why the CGC 9.0 Action #1 didn't sell for higher than it did. I realize it was 8 years ago and it was a record price at the time, but that sale should have blown all previous records out of the water by a higher margin.

That book sold for a crazy number at the time. (shrug)

On 4/14/2022 at 9:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

And the crazy money hadn’t stormed the market yet.  What did the 9.0 hammer at?

It's relative. It sold for $3.2MIL and that was CRAZY money at the time.

Just like $1000K for a comic was crazy money 50 years ago. 

It's all relative.