• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another Ebay seller shipping failure.
2 2

50 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2022 at 3:50 PM, Lightning55 said:

Sends it in a $9 Priority Envelope when it could have been sent in a Gemini mailer or similar for half that, better protected.  Rookies.

That envelope looks slightly used as well.

I was just wasting time in the "Blocked eeBay Users" thread, and came across this:

A seller intentionally sent an empty box--and took pictures of him packing it--just so he could claim that he did actually send it.

"He carefully took photos of packing it, he planned the whole thing."

This was just a few weeks ago; I hope it's not the same seller...

Edited by Axe Elf

On 4/13/2022 at 11:04 AM, gadzukes said:

s-l1600.jpg

I use the same method for my shipments to the fertility treatment place. I keep getting messages back saying I'm not a "real" donor, and that there a "rules and paperwork" yadda yadda yadda. Like I have time to deal with rules and paperwork..........

On 4/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, gadzukes said:

Came in the mail today.  No additional damage luckily.

Has the MVS

Looks like a 2.0 - 2.5.  I think taking the spine roll out and pressing might bring it to a 4.0

IMG_0792.jpeg

IMG_0793.jpeg

Whew! :yeehaw:

On 4/13/2022 at 7:04 PM, gadzukes said:

I found a low grade DD 131 at a very reasonable price on ebay (seller didn't put the number 131 in the title so I got it pretty cheap).

This morning the seller sent me photos proudly showing him "shipping" the comic and then gave me the Delivery confirmation #.

Check out these photos.  :facepalm:

Fingers crossed that it'll get to me with limited damage.  Thank God it's low grade already.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
I've dealt with this a number of times, and it really annoys me. These people need to be sorted out. I even read about failure, used https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/failure/ for that. In such cases, I simply refused and complained about the sender. This needs to be dealt with and cannot be left alone.

I wish you good luck bro

Edited by paulinehepburn

Here's a new one......

Just got this today........

This time it's not the senders fault though, but USPS.... are you having fun running over my comics with your truck?

So besides writing "Don Not Bend" and "Fragile", do we now have to write "Please do not run over package with your Truck"?

IMG_2034.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 8/5/2022 at 9:35 AM, gadzukes said:

Aaaaaand here's the comic.

I can't believe this survived.  I don't see any damage from getting run over.

It's a victory for cardboard!!! :banana::banana::banana:

IMG_2037.jpeg

That’s good to see.  I believe in using 3/16 inch thick cardboard when I ship raw comics, although I do ship Media Mail in a manilla envelope.  I don’t do that for more than 5 raws, and there’s yet to be a problem.  I am aware of the potential issues with shipping, so I’m always cautious.  But running over a piece of mail???? (shrug)

CBDDA9BD-EC43-41ED-B5B2-E9AFC4531572.gif

On 8/5/2022 at 9:23 AM, gadzukes said:

Here's a new one......

Just got this today........

This time it's not the senders fault though, but USPS.... are you having fun running over my comics with your truck?

So besides writing "Don Not Bend" and "Fragile", do we now have to write "Please do not run over package with your Truck"?

IMG_2034.jpeg

That isn't vehicle tread. Probably from a cart or fork truck

On 4/13/2022 at 9:04 AM, gadzukes said:

s-l1600.jpg

It may not matter, and it may not even be an indication of anything, but the shipper's thumbnail is painted black. 

A collector's inexperienced ex, maybe?

EDIT: Oh, this is old. NM

Edited by MR SigS