• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Button - button - who's got the button ?
2 2

43 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Well, we do need a CGC Board Theme Song

On 4/17/2022 at 9:16 PM, oakman29 said:

Hell yeah. Let's get some Allman Brothers, Cream, Zeppelin,  S.R.V. music going. I'm IN!😎🤘

Someone else will have to record.  I'm way to far away for that.  :popcorn:

On 4/18/2022 at 5:58 PM, Robot Man said:

While we are talking about pinback sets, here is a fun one. Almost complete. I think I am missing 1. Basil Wolverton Fink buttons from the early 1960's. Came one to a pack like trading cards. Some fun images. 

finkbuttons.jpg

Basil Wolverton buttons ?!!  That's awesome !! 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:58 PM, Robot Man said:

While we are talking about pinback sets, here is a fun one. Almost complete. I think I am missing 1. Basil Wolverton Fink buttons from the early 1960's. Came one to a pack like trading cards. Some fun images. 

finkbuttons.jpg

Dang, Bob!  You've got the best esoteric stuff!  :applause:

I believe this may be the only "pin" I have, and depending on the age of nostalgia, it may seem "vintage."

I garnered a free Harley Quinn "mallet" pins from some prescreens a while back, perhaps from Suicide Squad Prescreen, but I think that I gave it away as a freebie.

ANYWAY, this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pin IS from my youth. Cowabunga! :headbang: 

GetImage.aspx?c=3204695&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=

From the 2013 San Diego and New York Comic-Cons, here's a set of 6 (a trio from each Con) from Pantheon Books featuring famous graphic novelists.

These include Chris Ware (blue), art spiegelman (yellow), Charles Burns (red), Daniel Clowes (green), David Mazzuchelli (grey), and Marjane Satrapi (orange).

These were designed by Chip Kidd utilizing existing self-portraits by each artist.

pantheon6.jpg

On 4/27/2022 at 1:44 PM, Senormac said:

That's cool.  Is that your Barks litho in the front left ? 

I wish - that was the table next door.

That Two-Fisted Tales Hardcover Slip-Case on the table - I ended up trading that later that year to Darrell Grimes for my Iron Man #1.

I think that was the best trade I ever made, looking in the rear-view mirror...., 

On 4/27/2022 at 4:46 PM, oakman29 said:

I'll take the Heavy Metal #1 for 5.00 please, sir.😊

I laugh every time I see those - they were garbage. lol

On 4/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, oakman29 said:

Those were the best days though. Is that your wife in the picture? 

Yes - we would have been 23 or 24 at the time. Notice the smokejumper sweatshirt..., :yeehaw: