• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Fantasy 15
6 6

24 posts in this topic

Pulled this out of the bag for the first time in 20 years to really check it out.  Cover is rough but complete.  1.5" tear at bottom staple goes all the way through the book to back cover.  Tried to get a picture of the centerfold staples but after some time spent looking from both sides I don't even see staples.  Book is very flat, almost like it was crushed especially around the spine which might be why the pages and cover aren't detached?  Anyway your thoughts would be appreciated.

Amaz Fantasy 15 (1).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (5).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (13).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (12).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (11).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (10).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (9).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (8).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (7).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (4).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (3).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (2).jpg

Amaz Fantasy 15 (6).jpg

I can't even with this book right now. Unbelievable to see it unslabbed.Thank you for that. I'm out of my depth here. I'm thinking a 1.8/2.0 mainly because that backcover is pretty rough and I don't know how hard cgc will hit it even though the front cover is pretty nice. Curious to know the story behind how you go it. But I'm a neophyte so please go with the group's suggestion, this is just my thought.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

When I looked at this last night my gut reaction was 1.5 and I still agree with that.

I feel like most books in that condition would get a 1.5. That one I feel would get a 1.8. I think we could crowdfund the cgc submission just to satisfy my curiosity. 

Here is the story of this issue.  Nov 2002 purchased a couple books from a guy in NY which included this book, Hulk 180, 181, 182, 183, 340, and Iron Fist 14 35 cent variant.  He delivered everything but the Amazing Fantasy.  Said he couldn't find it.  I started a case with Ebay and 4 weeks later this showed up at my door.  Paid  $3000 for all the books.  Think it was a good purchase!

On 4/20/2022 at 2:54 PM, JRibble said:

Here is the story of this issue.  Nov 2002 purchased a couple books from a guy in NY which included this book, Hulk 180, 181, 182, 183, 340, and Iron Fist 14 35 cent variant.  He delivered everything but the Amazing Fantasy.  Said he couldn't find it.  I started a case with Ebay and 4 weeks later this showed up at my door.  Paid  $3000 for all the books.  Think it was a good purchase!

Amen

On 4/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, Wipple said:

1.0 slightly brittle Amateur color touch.

Not sure about the Slightly Brittle (any area in particular?) but agree with the rest. The book is pretty well hammered with heavy structural tears and what looks like a mottled texture. 1.0 seems right... maybe 1.5, but I think 1.8 quite a stretch. I also think trimmed overhang is a strong possibility. Great one to own all the same!

Edited by Point Five
edited for clarity