PayPal hold?
3 3

31 posts in this topic

I received a payment and it’s ON HOLD for some reason. 

May 11th? 
 

30D60C0F-7F06-4C12-B8F3-E8661146CAD6.jpeg.ba0301d88269451c058ddb1f8540dcce.jpeg

 

So of course I click the GYMS link...

50CAFC1A-C32A-40A5-BACD-4554C04C63CE.jpeg.5b014b47916b1c10337e8abb03d2e56d.jpeg

What’s going on?  Get my money as quickly as 1 day after delivery?

 

Are they high?

Am I?  ???

Edited by THE_BEYONDER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2022 at 10:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I received a payment and it’s ON HOLD for some reason. 

May 11th? 
 

30D60C0F-7F06-4C12-B8F3-E8661146CAD6.jpeg.ba0301d88269451c058ddb1f8540dcce.jpeg

 

So of course I click the GYMS link...

50CAFC1A-C32A-40A5-BACD-4554C04C63CE.jpeg.5b014b47916b1c10337e8abb03d2e56d.jpeg

What’s going on?  Get my money as quickly as 1 day after delivery?

 

Are they high?

Am I?  ???

Lol only thing I can think of is that maybe PayPal is required to have a little more accountability due to it reporting anything over $600 period in a year for goods and services....to the IRS 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2022 at 11:47 PM, FrontStands said:

Was the payment through good and services? If you put in a tracking number they will release the funds after the package is delivered.
Unless this isn't from a sale.

I’ve never shipped a package before receiving payment.  Ever.

 

PayPal is escrow now?

Edited by THE_BEYONDER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2022 at 11:49 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve never shipped a package before receiving payment.  Ever.

 

PayPal is escrow now?

Was it an international shipment?  Sometimes they will hold payment until international shipments are delivered.  Could also be if you haven't transacted through them in quite a while.

I think you can elect to not accept the funds, and not ship.  Or call customer service to see what your options are.  I have always found it fairly easy to contact their CS, as opposed to some other companies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2022 at 11:49 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve never shipped a package before receiving payment.  Ever.

A few years ago, I did a sales thread here on the boards. Had a fairly good amount of sales. For some reason though, Paypal was kicking back the payments ... they weren't allowing me to keep the money, they were automatically refunding the buyers. It wasn't like I was new either, I had been using PP to buy/sell for years. I called a couple of times and got the same answer "Yeah, we know what's happening, and why. But we can't tell you. We suggest you use checks/money orders."  (One of the buyers even called PP and they told him the same thing.) Man, I felt like Cersei walking naked thru the streets ... so shamed. The weird part about it though, was some seller's payments went thru. (for roughly the same amounts)

Because I felt responsible (even though I did nothing wrong), I shipped the books out and asked the buyers to send the checks/MOs when they receive them. Luckily, there were no problems.

I've never done another sales thread. Don't need the hassle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 3:08 AM, Lightning55 said:

Was it an international shipment?  Sometimes they will hold payment until international shipments are delivered.

I bought a $1k book from a Canadian boardie and I had to confirm on PP that it was received before they released the funds to him.

Edited by Chaz G.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is also the possibility that they no longer have a credit card linked to PayPal or chose not to pay with a credit card and chose to have the funds sent directly from their checking account.  I know that has been an option.  If that is the case then it will take them a few days (5?) to process the transaction. 

I have never heard of this in terms of weeks though unless it is an international transference of funds. 

Edited by Buzzetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 10:53 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I don’t know, but if they’re gonna force me to ship packages before I get paid....I’ll be cancelling my account.

This happened to me last week with a payment from my sales thread. I've been a PayPal member since the company started and do a ton of business through them. I called customer service and they had no idea why it was on hold. I told them that there was no way I'm shipping products without receiving payment first, as that's not how any business that I know of operates. The customer rep agreed with me, saw my history with them, and immediately released the funds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 4:50 AM, KCOComics said:

 

This has happened to me with larger sales. Put in the tracking info and once delivered funds are released. 

That's gonna be a hard pass from me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 2:37 PM, Nic8612 said:

This happened to me last week with a payment from my sales thread. I've been a PayPal member since the company started and do a ton of business through them. I called customer service and they had no idea why it was on hold. I told them that there was no way I'm shipping products without receiving payment first, as that's not how any business that I know of operates. The customer rep agreed with me, saw my history with them, and immediately released the funds.

I’ll call tonight.  Thanks :wishluck:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, Nic8612 said:
On 4/21/2022 at 4:50 AM, KCOComics said:

 

This has happened to me with larger sales. Put in the tracking info and once delivered funds are released. 

That's gonna be a hard pass from me. 

Yeah.  I’m not feeling that approach at all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have been known to hold funds depending on dollar accounts and your activity, so if it's a large dollar amount and you haven't used Paypal in some time that might be a factor. 

I'd call them. Lots of things can be resolved by speaking to a human rather than just an algorithm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn't there some sort of scam group in Montreal that was making off with funds from paypal over collectible sales?  I ran into this recently also when I purchased something from a board member and it just seemed messed up.

Which is weird given how trustworthy Canadians are in general, in my experience.  You maple leaf loving, hockey worshipping, relentlessly friendly northerners have been awesome.  :headbang:

But apparently PayPal doesn't trust you...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3