• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo 2022 Report
2 2

114 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, eddly said:

So what is selling? What are people looking for?

$5 bulk priced Marvel, DC back issues selling well. Demand for esoteric, Byrne X-men, keys, Pokémon packs, Trailer Park Boys 1 for signatures at "reasonable" prices. Saw ASM 1 blue Cgc 3.0 priced at $22k, ToS 39 Cgc blue asking $37k(?), Showcase 22 blue Cgc 5.0 asking $16,500 loonies.

IMG_20220423_183849_708.jpg

IMG_20220423_183849_371.jpg

On 4/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, eddly said:

So what is selling? What are people looking for?

Silver age is slow, but GA, CA and MA keys/hot books are moving. Title wise, ASM and Bronze X-Men have been moving well for me.

Trailer Park Boys #1 is likely the highest volume book of the show thanks to Kevin Boyd in getting the cast to the show. (thumbsu

Overall, it has been a good show sales-wise as a lot of small stuff is moving instead of bigger books. 

Just to continue the age discussion from yesterday, I sold one SA slab today  - an X-Men #14 CGC 4.0 - to a collector that was 19-22 years old based on his and his friends looks. He thanked me for it as it completed his X-Men run. Smart kid. I hope he nabbed is #1 in 2018 or a bit earlier.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, kimik said:

Silver age is slow, but GA, CA and MA keys/hot books are moving. Title wise, ASM and Bronze X-Men have been moving well for me.

Trailer Park Boys #1 is likely the highest volume book of the show thanks to Kevin Boyd in getting the cast to the show. (thumbsu

Overall, it has been a good show sales-wise as a lot of small stuff is moving instead of bigger books. 

Just to continue the age discussion from yesterday, I sold one SA slab today  - an X-Men #14 CGC 4.0 - to a collector that was 19-22 years old based on his and his friends looks. He thanked me for it as it completed his X-Men run. Smart kid. I hope he nabbed is #1 in 2018 or a bit earlier.

Backs up what I'm seeing here in melbourne.

Young savvy collectors.

The next gen is already here, and buying good books.

On 4/23/2022 at 5:34 PM, eddly said:

What are people looking for?

More shoplifters than usual reported. Someone walked off with an expensive large statue near corner of his booth near an exit for getaway. This was reported to Calgary Expo vendor help staff. My buddy had some relatively minor Space 1999 comics lifted. Auto bank teller machines needed to be reloaded, as they ran out of cash Saturday morning.

On 4/24/2022 at 10:57 AM, aardvark88 said:

More shoplifters than usual reported. Someone walked off with an expensive large statue near corner of his booth near an exit for getaway. This was reported to Calgary Expo vendor help staff. My buddy had some relatively minor Space 1999 comics lifted. Auto bank teller machines needed to be reloaded, as they ran out of cash Saturday morning.

Sad sign of the times although always been a problem. They caught a guy at WonderCon red handed with some expensive books. Got his name and a couple of pictures were posted on the internet and in the WonderCon thread. He went to jail. Can you imagine explaining your charge to guys in the joint?…