• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #4 - 1st Sandman (UK Price Variant)
3 3

31 posts in this topic

I love the price sticker :)

The impact of stamps and stickers can be tricky to gauge, but the book looks to be in the 4.0 to 4.5 range to me. 

And it's very nice. 

Agreed.  Very nice actually.  I didn't see many color-breaking creases, just mostly ripples/waviness that should be pressable.  If so, could be a 6.0 easy less likely nothing for the stamp (in this grade) and less whatever for the sticker, maybe 0.5/1.0 less?   So a 5.5/6.0 is my guess after a press.  4.5 w/o a press.  Congrats.    

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/21/2022 at 5:38 PM, Pantodude said:

Agreed.  Very nice actually.  I didn't see many color-breaking creases, just mostly ripples/waviness that should be pressable.  If so, could be a 6.0 easy less likely nothing for the stamp (in this grade) and less whatever for the sticker, maybe 0.5/1.0 less?   So a 5.5/6.0 is my guess after a press.  4.5 w/o a press.  Congrats.    

I agree that a press would help the grade but was a bit concerned about the sticker. I don’t have any experience in getting comics with stickers pressed. Is it likely to affect the sticker at all?

On 4/21/2022 at 1:11 PM, Deutero said:

I agree that a press would help the grade but was a bit concerned about the sticker. I don’t have any experience in getting comics with stickers pressed. Is it likely to affect the sticker at all?

One option is removing sticker before any pressing.  I don't have experience w/ stickers and pressing, but my concern would be twofold if leaning toward keeping sticker in place for now.  First, if sticker not removed, the effect of pressing on the sticker's appearance short and/or long-term.  Second, if pressed with the sticker still in place, whether pressing would make sticker removal more difficult later on if you decide to remove it.    Perhaps @joeypost has a suggestion for this cool book?    

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/21/2022 at 6:21 PM, Pantodude said:

One option is removing sticker before any pressing.  I don't have experience w/ stickers and pressing, but my concern would be twofold if leaning toward keeping sticker in place for now.  First, if sticker not removed, the effect of pressing on the sticker's appearance short and/or long-term.  Second, if pressed with the sticker still in place, whether pressing would make sticker removal more difficult later on if you decide to remove it.    Perhaps @joeypost has a suggestion for this cool book?    

It looks like someone has tried to remove it before as you can see where it’s a bit lifted on the left hand side. I know there are some great products that remove stickers from comics but I doubt it’ll come off without any damage underneath.

On 4/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, Deutero said:

It looks like someone has tried to remove it before as you can see where it’s a bit lifted on the left hand side. I know there are some great products that remove stickers from comics but I doubt it’ll come off without any damage underneath.

Right.  When I mentioned the option of removing I, I shoudl have clarified by someone w/ know-how!  

On 4/21/2022 at 11:21 AM, Pantodude said:

Have the sticker removed. I would not press it with the sticker present.