• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subscriber beware
2 2

22 posts in this topic

Hi all.. been collecting for over 30 years.. submitted a very nice 300 ASM order # CGC2029312750.. for pressing and grading… Grader notes.. “finger prints on cover” .. may be audited out but shame on them. 

Sincerely

Robert

This is a subforum for questions

On 4/25/2022 at 7:40 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The process of dry cleaning that is used by CCS does not remove all types of fingerprints.

Indeed, not all types of fingerprints can be reliably removed.

On 4/24/2022 at 5:56 PM, magoo74 said:

Hi all.. been collecting for over 30 years.. submitted a very nice 300 ASM order # CGC2029312750.. for pressing and grading… Grader notes.. “finger prints on cover” .. may be audited out but shame on them. 

Sincerely

Robert

Couple things here...

Did the book have fingerprints prior to sending? If yes, well not all fingerprints can be removed. The longer they are on a book, the more time the oils sink in and can become just part of the book

OR are you saying the book was nice and that somewhere between the time the book left you and the time they graded it, someone handled it and left fingerprints? If this is the case, you will need to prove this. Simply saying "my book did not have this flaw when it left" might not be enough. And again, you can have 1000 years of collecting experience, it does not make you immune to missing flaws. I also have been collecting a long time and I have missed flaws. It is why I take video AND photos of books I send in. Inconvenient? Maybe if I were sending hundreds of books each year but I send less than 50 a year. 

My latest return had a book with a smudge on it and I said "woah, I never noticed that before". But before I jumped on here to blast CGC for ruining my book, I looked back at my video and sure enough, the tiny smudge was present. Memory....why must ye fail me! So much time had passed I forgot what the book looked like. Which is totally understandable consider I look at different comics every week and have ever since that one left my hands. 

Anyways just trying to clarify the point of your initial post is all. 

Edited by comicginger1789

On 4/25/2022 at 8:16 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Couple things here...

Did the book have fingerprints prior to sending? If yes, well not all fingerprints can be removed. The longer they are on a book, the more time the oils sink in and can become just part of the book

OR are you saying the book was nice and that somewhere between the time the book left you and the time they graded it, someone handled it and left fingerprints? If this is the case, you will need to prove this. Simply saying "my book did not have this flaw when it left" might not be enough. And again, you can have 1000 years of collecting experience, it does not make you immune to missing flaws. I also have been collecting a long time and I have missed flaws. It is why I take video AND photos of books I send in. Inconvenient? Maybe if I were sending hundreds of books each year but I send less than 50 a year. 

My latest return had a book with a smudge on it and I said "woah, I never noticed that before". But before I jumped on here to blast CGC for ruining my book, I looked back at my video and sure enough, the tiny smudge was present. Memory....why must ye fail me! So much time had passed I forgot what the book looked like. Which is totally understandable consider I look at different comics every week and have ever since that one left my hands. 

clearly this is what he means.

On 4/25/2022 at 7:50 PM, Artboy99 said:
On 4/25/2022 at 9:16 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Couple things here...

Expand  

I thought they wear gloves when handling books?

Edited by Crops068

On 4/25/2022 at 4:37 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

I'm curious how CGC knows they are fingerprints and not footprints 

They probably assume if it's something released in the last decade that it's footprints. Anything before that is probably fingerprints.

On 5/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, djzombi said:

Soooo....no clarification or response from this single-post person.  Okay then.  

On 5/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, djzombi said:

Soooo....no clarification or response from this single-post person.  Okay then.  

On 4/25/2022 at 8:50 PM, Artboy99 said:

On 4/25/2022 at 8:50 PM, Artboy99 said:

Yes.. that is what I meant and now they say 350 (or so) books were “possibly tampered with”… and guess what I have one of those….

On 1/5/2024 at 7:14 PM, magoo74 said:

A civil law suit? This is strike 2…

I can appreciate the lawsuit, but shouldn't it be against the con artist that orchestrated the fraud? 

Plus, they say they will compensate customers which is pretty reasonable.