• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will there be new sets?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Also would like to know this. It seems weird to have in-print sets available in the registry but not have registry support for literally any of the sets released between 2003-2013 (which, notably, includes e-Series and the entire EX series -- two of the most collectible, popular eras). There's also no registry option for many of the most popular types of cards to collect (i.e., shinings, gold stars, exs).

The MTG creature type registry options are also bizarre. You have registry options for tribes like efreets, atogs, dauthi, riggers, and scorpions, but don't have registry support for angels, demons, dragons, goblins, elves, etc. Just bizarre.

(Note: I'm not complaining -- I like the registry. It's just lacking some of the most basic, common-sense inclusions.)

On 4/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, zorloth said:

Also would like to know this. It seems weird to have in-print sets available in the registry but not have registry support for literally any of the sets released between 2003-2013 (which, notably, includes e-Series and the entire EX series -- two of the most collectible, popular eras). There's also no registry option for many of the most popular types of cards to collect (i.e., shinings, gold stars, exs).

The MTG creature type registry options are also bizarre. You have registry options for tribes like efreets, atogs, dauthi, riggers, and scorpions, but don't have registry support for angels, demons, dragons, goblins, elves, etc. Just bizarre.

(Note: I'm not complaining -- I like the registry. It's just lacking some of the most basic, common-sense inclusions.)

Oh wow yeah that is Bizarre!

I didn't epexct them to have a set for all 800+ pokemon day 1 of registries but all original 151 would've been nice 😅 Like they have Charizard and such day one lol Put some respect on my boy Snorlax!

• Administrator

Thanks for your comments and interest in the registry,

Creating and scoring sets is very time consuming. Our registry admin consulted with our Trading Card experts to come up with a list of sets that we would have at launch. This was never meant to be an exhaustive list. We knew that if we waited to add all set types, we would never get it off the ground. The plan was to continue to build sets after launch based on our list and based on requests. All of the set types mentioned here are already on our list of sets to add.

We would have planned more for launch if we anticipated the immediate level of interest. The positive response has been overwhelming and we already have a couple hundred set type requests. We are already working on new set types and we are adding another registry team member so we can get new set types up more quickly. We can't wait to see how this grows over time!

On 4/29/2022 at 8:56 AM, dena said:

Thanks for your comments and interest in the registry,

Creating and scoring sets is very time consuming. Our registry admin consulted with our Trading Card experts to come up with a list of sets that we would have at launch. This was never meant to be an exhaustive list. We knew that if we waited to add all set types, we would never get it off the ground. The plan was to continue to build sets after launch based on our list and based on requests. All of the set types mentioned here are already on our list of sets to add.

We would have planned more for launch if we anticipated the immediate level of interest. The positive response has been overwhelming and we already have a couple hundred set type requests. We are already working on new set types and we are adding another registry team member so we can get new set types up more quickly. We can't wait to see how this grows over time!

Sounds great Dena! 😁

On 4/27/2022 at 4:42 PM, zorloth said:

Looking at the creature set types, they all have less than 35 slots, which might be why those were chosen and not say... humans, which would have close to 3,000 slots or something ridiculous. I can see why they would do that at launch, but it also makes it look incredibly unpopular as they are not the most popular creatures (as of right now, there's only 1 set in all of Creatures, with 1 card :eek: ).

I also noticed a TON of cards in the Artist Series category don't have scores assigned to them, and there are sets with cards sitting at zero points.

I hope we'll get more MTG sets added soon. I think one got added right after launch, and nothing since? ???

On 5/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, dena said:

Pokémon EX sets are up now and you'll see some Diamond & Pearl going live next week!

Any idea when we will get more sets for individual pokemon?

Some already exist partially for example Charizard and Raichu. Would it be possible for the other original 151 to come soon? 

On 5/26/2022 at 1:30 PM, dena said:

Pokémon EX sets are up now and you'll see some Diamond & Pearl going live next week!

Would love to see:

• Celebrations - Classic Collection - English. (15K cards)
  • McDonalds Collection 2021 - English. (16.8K cards)
  • Southern Islands - Japanese. (2.2K cards)

On 7/11/2022 at 2:52 PM, cyclonus11 said:

Promos, Black & White, and e-Series have been added.

Hopefully they can get them all up so they can switch some of the attention to MTG!  lol

Im still waiting for sets for the original 151 pokemon tho D:

Last I checked they randomly had like 15ish? 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, dena said:

Hey Dena!

Looks like more modern sword & shield sets got added but Evolving Skies has the last 30 or so cards missing.

Thanks for all the hard work!

• Administrator

On 7/21/2022 at 11:52 PM, rhunnicutt said:

Hey Dena!

Looks like more modern sword & shield sets got added but Evolving Skies has the last 30 or so cards missing.

Thanks for all the hard work!

The Evolving Skies set should have all cards available now.