• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's BARBIE THE MOVIE starring Margot Robbie (2023)
7 7

540 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2022 at 10:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

Synopsis 

Barbie01.thumb.jpg.0ba94b79227b600b45ba84ba899f5aa8.jpg

So it’s basically the same underlying plot as The Lego Movie, even including Will Farrell.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:05 PM, media_junkie said:

I've asked before, but my god, who is this movie for?

I believe the sequel is going to be a lot darker.

On 5/18/2023 at 6:16 AM, Ken Aldred said:

So it’s basically the same underlying plot as The Lego Movie, even including Will Farrell.

Is it though?

Emmet exited his world accidentally leading to him saving the relationship between 'The Creator' and his son (which then saved the Lego Universe).

Barbie and Ken escape their fantasy world to save themselves. And the corporate fatcat wants to pull them back in most probably for profits.

Not that I am excited about this movie. 

On 5/18/2023 at 12:56 PM, Bosco685 said:

Is it though?

Emmet exited his world accidentally leading to him saving the relationship between 'The Creator' and his son (which then saved the Lego Universe).

Barbie and Ken escape their fantasy world to save themselves. And the corporate fatcat wants to pull them back in most probably for profits.

Not that I am excited about this movie. 

I’ll maybe settle on ‘kind of’, ‘superficially reminiscent’ rather than get too deep into the subtleties of Lego and Barbie plots.

I’ll believe you. (thumbsu

Edited by Ken Aldred