• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help identifying who did this sketch. autograph is on there but i do not recognize it. any help will be most appreciated
1 1

23 posts in this topic

this came in a collection with some amazing books and a handful of autographs. the collector was from texas if that helps at all. had promos from dallas expo and charlotte convention but that lead dident help

punsiher sketch.jpg

On 4/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, stevemon said:

this came in a collection with some amazing books and a handful of autographs. the collector was from texas if that helps at all. had promos from dallas expo and charlotte convention but that lead dident help

punsiher sketch.jpg

Could it be mignolia?

I think, Mike or something, the Hellboy artist?

On 4/27/2022 at 7:58 PM, stevemon said:

image.png.d99f23064c0a9d2c350f0a9f836f2360.png

looks similar but i just looked at all the mignola autos and none have that scribble on the bottom and none of his "M" are sharp they are all very round. and other lead?

If I try to read it, it looks like mccloud? Which is vaguely familiar  but idk

On 4/27/2022 at 8:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm still not sure, the fact that its raw could mean a different kind of "signature?" I know some artists could have done that, but I doubt it

Screenshot_20220427-201547_Samsung Internet.jpg

i see what you mean, maybe i can reach out to mike M see if he will reply. my closest guess is michael golden he worked on nam and his M has that little sharp start on the left. what do you think??

m ggg.JPG

m golden 3.JPG

m golden.JPG

michael golden 2.JPG

On 4/27/2022 at 9:07 PM, stevemon said:

i see what you mean, maybe i can reach out to mike M see if he will reply. my closest guess is michael golden he worked on nam and his M has that little sharp start on the left. what do you think??

m ggg.JPG

m golden 3.JPG

m golden.JPG

michael golden 2.JPG

I'm still not convinced. 

I thought the last letter might be an upside down "d"

I'm not sure if it is like a "tag graffiti " sig lol

I was already outside the box so idk

On 4/27/2022 at 9:23 PM, Bird said:

Frank has a little too much junk in his trunk here. Frankie got back!

he is thick though here lol 

looked into wyman found a 09, of his and dont match, but man his art is dope

image.png.e2a8f8e59c652d871255d44c8e31e3a1.png

On 4/27/2022 at 9:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm still not convinced. 

I thought the last letter might be an upside down "d"

I'm not sure if it is like a "tag graffiti " sig lol

I was already outside the box so idk

not convinced either he has that long squigle at the end of all his autos. at this point i dont know what to do. the collection had some nice autos stan lee, scott campbell stood out to me, and some fire books, clone wars 1, heir to empire 1, kotor. at this point think ima just have an unkown thick butt frank artwork in my pc

try to follow the line in the signature and see where it leads in your head...it doesn't appear to be a full sig, it is a rushed sig so that makes it harder to follow the letters being formed as he writes

MC something is possible, but it could also be M Christopher or something similar all squished together

Campiri or something looks possible too. It is too wonky to be A list (not to be rude), look at the era in that town and see if any artist alley names jump out at you from the shows.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:40 AM, Bird said:

try to follow the line in the signature and see where it leads in your head...it doesn't appear to be a full sig, it is a rushed sig so that makes it harder to follow the letters being formed as he writes

MC something is possible, but it could also be M Christopher or something similar all squished together

Campiri or something looks possible too. It is too wonky to be A list (not to be rude), look at the era in that town and see if any artist alley names jump out at you from the shows.

so i tried to narrow it down and looked up all names starting with "MC" on my slabbed comics and compared to each one so that rules that out. i think like you said its first name"M" last name something. And i agree not a A list artist but i do want to know who did just so i dont have a random art lol. Aslo checked local cons in dallas and houston on wikipedia to see the guest and no big leads there. the person did have promos from other states so thats my next step

image.thumb.png.140929839df2aee50fcbd442e4bd9a73.png

On 4/28/2022 at 9:00 AM, JBK said:

I keep seeing " '09 " as in 2009 at the end.  And the first letter does look like an M.

I like this thought, and would agree :whee: 

Thats something I guess :roflmao: 

perhaps the "C" is an A, but pretty sur it's a c

and the 3rd has to either be "h" or "U"