• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

math logic error in registry calculations
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Sorry... posting this here as I just saw this new forum.... (posted originally to Ask CGC).

Hi, just want to report that you have a math logic error in your set registry calculations. You can confirm by checking out my Set History for the Team Rocket Master set:

https://www.cgccards.com/registry/competitive-sets/7078/?page=2 

The error occurs when I add a second card of the same type. For example, I add Charmander 9.5 the score goes from 4768 to 4969. All good so far. I add another Charmander 9.5 and the total score goes from 4969 to 4768 -- thereby wiping out the original Charmander point value. 

The question at issue is I have met the same problem, and the unique solution was to contact administrators; unfortunately, the solution is to write and email about the math bug. Also, I am a student who has some services that I use when I have math problems.

Edited by KenNavarro

i think i would take screenshots and put them all in an email to cgc customer service.

• Administrator

Apologies if my response was confusing. This question was asked in another thread and the answer was posted by my colleague, Dena. Here is a link to that thread: Click here.

Only one card is allowed per slot. Therefore, adding a new card will mean that the points you see are the points for that current card only. I hope this helps! :)

• Administrator
On 8/24/2022 at 11:31 AM, Lindseyyy01 said:

I have to say that the first thread's link works, but the second one does not. I just can't access it.

I've checked the link and I don't see any issue on my end. However, both of the links I've posted go to the same thread, so if the one from my first response works, then I would suggest using that one. 

On 8/24/2022 at 11:31 AM, Lindseyyy01 said:

I have to say that the first thread's link works, but the second one does not. I just can't access it.

I was the OP... User error on my part... I did not realize that when you add a second version of the same card, it adds the second cards value and removes the value of the first card. So... no error on CGC's part -- user error on my part. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.