• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight
1 1

Disney Moon Knight  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is Moon Knight worth watching?

• Yes - Do it
    • No - Don't waste your time
    • Only on Crack

25 posts in this topic

You can smoke crack regardless of whether you watch it or not. Just saying.

I watched the first three episodes and liked it enough; this is all subjective- there's so many things people adore and love that mystify me because I think they're overrated and not that great and the stuff I like isn't that popular. So it's all dependent upon your tastes. I wanted to like some of the other MCU shows but I felt they were forced, boring. Give the first episode a try and see how you feel.

I've found it confusing but I have never read even a single Moon Knight book and know literally nothing about the character except that I stopped buying Werewolf by Night just before WWBN #32.  I don't dislike it, it's just not very clear where the heck they're going.  As others have noted, it's not much like other comics-based Marvel output.

I think to understand this Moon Knight, you would need to have read Moon Knight in the last 20 years. There is very little outside of names and general concept that ties in to the original MK and his 1980's run.

I watched episode 1. I liked it. Time has prevented me from watching more and I consider myself a big MK fan (having majority of his earlier appearances in comics across any and all titles before his 80s run). I want to watch the rest but I am more of a comic fan than movie/show fan to begin with so my free time is preferably spent reading, grading and enjoying physical comics is all.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:36 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've found it confusing but I have never read even a single Moon Knight book and know literally nothing about the character

This sums up my thoughts. 

First episode was great, then it got more confusing as it went on.  I'll still watch hoping things are explained. 

On 4/29/2022 at 12:53 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

This sums up my thoughts. 

First episode was great, then it got more confusing as it went on.  I'll still watch hoping things are explained. 

I will have to get back on track and watch the rest after episode 1. I shall assume that the confusion centers around the identity changing between Marc/Steven and potentially others, thus making it hard to know what is real, what is not and so forth. This is where I was worried how they would handle that aspect of the character...going for a wild and nonsensical show because they could just cover up anything with "ah it wasn't real, it was all in his head because he suffers from a multiple personality disorder".

On 4/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, siro123 said:

Spoiler Alert

It should be renamed Marc Spector show with a special small guest appearance of moonknight.

Moonknight isnt really in the show. I want more Moonknight in the show.

I thought Steven was the main character. He's so damned annoying, I stopped watching after episode 1.

I confusingly got through the first four eps and then just stopped watching.  I didn't dislike, just lost interest.  Full disclosure though, I never read a single MK book.