• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R.I.P. Neal Adams
9 9

189 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, NoMan said:

did he always wear the same style of clothes? When I walked by him at some Los Angeles con around 2016 he seemed to be dressed exactly the same

Kinda classy that he always wore a tie while working.   At least to my memory. hm

It's been awesome reading through this thread, hearing boardies recall their interactions with Neal and appreciation of his artwork and talent. I'll have to take a pic of my Deadly Hands 1 that Neal signed for me at one of the Big Apple shows back in the early oughts, before he started charging (not that I had or have any issue with any artist doing so).

RIP, Neal....

On 5/3/2022 at 7:30 PM, NoMan said:

did he always wear the same style of clothes? When I walked by him at some Los Angeles con around 2016 he seemed to be dressed exactly the same

He liked his blue shirts.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:57 AM, Frederic9494 said:

Rest in peace Neal.

As a kid, I could spend hours just looking at the art, the cinematic shot and perspective, always wondering "how can someone imagine this in his head and put it on paper?"  

My favorite Batman cover (the Belgium version that did justice to his art on this one):

Batman-36b.jpg.70f8fc2b12d07af659cb9956ce0b658c.jpgwow, this Beglian/Canadian version of Batman 255 blows the American version out of the water. Thanks for sharing.