• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R.I.P. Neal Adams
9 9

189 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 6:54 PM, Shadow said:

I started in 1978 also and your list is just like mine!

As a young lad of say 12 I liked the finer lines of Adams and later on Byrne and Perez over that of Ditko and Kirby by a large measure. It wasn't until a decades long hiatus when I returned to this now insane hobby that I also understood and found deeper appreciation for Ditko and Kirby.  :preach:

On 4/29/2022 at 7:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have 2 cgc head remarque sketches and one wolverine. The cgc was only done about a year or two ago, at cgc inhouse signings. People asked why send in such low grade, but better that than disrupt my higher grade. I would love one with color though.

And these were under copies :)

I still had one more reader to send, but all in all, I'm ecstatic for the time spent!  :x

They were all about $215 a piece

20220429_184032.jpg

Pretty similar to mine! 

1804181941111.jpg

On 4/29/2022 at 8:51 PM, deadleg said:

Pretty similar to mine! 

1804181941111.jpg

Oh that's cool! I like how it's a more feral wolvie, or at least one of the styles that paints a picture with Logan.

I really noticed it with the piece. At the time I got it the dealer had several, I was new to the sketch scene and only asked for the one with the most inks lol

I've had it a while :x

On 4/29/2022 at 1:18 PM, Cat said:

Everything big he did was before my time, yet in fully aware of it, that's how much of an impact he had. Funnily enough, just the other night I was thinking to myself that I should get an Adams signed book. Obviously that idea is out the window, thanks to all the vultures that will now spring up. His work cannot be overstated, and wherever he's gone now, I hope he's got his answer as to the whole hollow Earth thing. 

expandin' Earth!  :makepoint:

Very sad indeed. I remember him at one of our forum dinners , he was a bit cynical,  a bit strange about his view of how the earth began, but was an amazing artist who impacted comics. He will be missed . I just hope he wasnt buried with that damn blue shirt. R.I.P. Neal.

Without a doubt my favorite silver/bronze age artist and comic creator. I'm still working on completing some of his Detective, GL, Superman, and X-Men runs. I feel fortunate to own some of his bigger books in CGC SS.. I will always treasure these. Truly a sad day for the comic community.

3303077_Full_Obv-1.jpg