• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Spring Auction
1 1

93 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 8:58 PM, Bronty said:

beautiful

There is really nice artwork in this Clink-Spring auction. It seems as if Clink is alive and kicking (despite the discussion in another topic here in the forum that CLINK is to old-fashioned to attract good pieces).
Maybe I am wrong but I have the feeling that they attract nice pages and had especially pretty good results when it comes to Buscema/Sinnott pages (but I don’t know why…).

Edited by Matthias.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:14 AM, Matthias. said:

There is really nice artwork in this Clink-Spring auction. It seems as if Clink is alive and kicking (despite the discussion in another topic here in the forum that CLINK is to old-fashioned to attract good pieces).
Maybe I am wrong but I have the feeling that they attract nice pages and had especially pretty good results when it comes to Buscema/Sinnott pages (but I don’t know why…).

Alive, yes. Didn't they have 14 pages of original art auction last time around though? They only have ten this time. That's a 29% drop in volume.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, RBerman said:

Alive, yes. Didn't they have 14 pages of original art auction last time around though? They only have ten this time. That's a 29% drop in volume.

Sorry, I don’t get your point…. 14? 10? I can see today 160 lots in the Original Art section, some of them (eg the Darwyn Cooke lot with 3 consecutive pages) have multiple pages. And the auction seems to grow daily.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:59 AM, Matthias. said:

Sorry, I don’t get your point…. 14? 10? I can see today 160 lots in the Original Art section, some of them (eg the Darwyn Cooke lot with 3 consecutive pages) have multiple pages. And the auction seems to grow daily.

Sorry, "pages" can mean more than one thing. I'm talking about how many web pages the listings run for on my browser. Obviously there are many lots per page. But not as many lots overall as in previous ComicLink auctions. We'll see whether this is just a temporary downturn or an anomaly.

On 5/4/2022 at 12:07 PM, RBerman said:

Sorry, "pages" can mean more than one thing. I'm talking about how many web pages the listings run for on my browser. Obviously there are many lots per page. But not as many lots overall as in previous ComicLink auctions. We'll see whether this is just a temporary downturn or an anomaly.

It could also mean nothing depending on the quality of the lots.    1 great item can be worth more than 4 pages of drek.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:50 AM, RBerman said:

I think you may be confusing their monthly auctions vs their quarterly auctions.

I believe the last clink quarterly auction had 6 pages of listings.  A few years ago, they would often have 8 or 9 pages.