• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Spring Auction
1 1

93 posts in this topic

A lot of items look they shot up pretty quick with 3-5 dozen bids in the first couple days and then not much activity since. Interested to see what happens as these come to a close in the next 10 days (especially since I'm the high bidder on a multi-dozen bid page currently).

Edited by kbmcvay

On 5/30/2022 at 8:28 AM, kbmcvay said:

A lot of items look they shot up pretty quick with 3-5 dozen bids in the first couple days and then not much activity since. Interested to see what happens as these come to a close in the next 10 days (especially since I'm the high bidder on a multi-dozen bid page currently).

The af 15 7.5 shot up in the last hour or so last night. Watching the 6.5 closely to see if there’s a deal to be had. Looks almost as nice as the 7.5

On 6/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, Charleybrown said:

The af 15 7.5 shot up in the last hour or so last night. Watching the 6.5 closely to see if there’s a deal to be had. Looks almost as nice as the 7.5

Good Grief! 
2D3AD4ED-7CDC-46AA-B17B-3323911FC581.gif.a96ee09f0771fb325e142ef6ef615fb7.gif

Edited by grapeape

On 4/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, grapeape said:

⬆️ $200,000   (2-1)      

⬇️ $200,000   (Even)

Vegas Vic ♠️♠️♠️🎱🎩

Vegas Vic said money was on the under. Vegas almost always wins.

Ditko ASM hammers @ $145,000

On 5/20/2022 at 5:18 AM, Bronty said:

I don’t see it going up much more tbh. 300?   It’s got the FF and spidey which is cool but it’s not a show stopping image .

$286,000 (thumbsu

I had it at $400k.

Not second guessing but I was thinking maybe this one and the Ditko ASM could’ve benefited from an extra round of bids like @HA Live.

Edited by grapeape

Guest Race

Saw weakness in both the Buscema Avengers page and the Romita Captain America page... saw the same weakness in the Kirby Mister Miracle pages on Comic Connect a few days ago. Whether it is the crypto collapse or just plain high inflation hitting wallets, something is going on that bears watching.

FYI get ready for $7 gas in July, and I'm not talking about CA. In CA it will probably be closer to $9...

Edited by Race

I was the underbidder on JIM 112. Lost it by a bid increment with 4 seconds left (who know what the max bid they put in was). End of the day with the taxes and fees $16,600 was as I high as I wanted to go.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:51 AM, kbmcvay said:

I was the underbidder on JIM 112. Lost it by a bid increment with 4 seconds left (who know what the max bid they put in was). End of the day with the taxes and fees $16,600 was as I high as I wanted to go.

There is no shame in that. Losing gives you more funds for the next time, a fact which has helped me out on occasion.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:44 AM, Race said:

Saw weakness in both the Buscema Avengers page and the Romita Captain America page... saw the same weakness in the Kirby Mister Miracle pages on Comic Connect a few days ago. Whether it is the crypto collapse or just plain high inflation hitting wallets, something is going on that bears watching.

FYI get ready for $7 gas in July, and I'm not talking about CA. In CA it will probably be closer to $9...

I'm not a fan of clink, but I'll play devils advocate for a moment...The Buscema FF 112 page went for a very strong price, as did the Kubert Wolverine 75 splash and pretty much all of the Romita Jr pieces (actually, they were very strong prices for his work).  Bagley prices continued their upwards climb.  Grampa continues to impress.  Dillin JLA prices have rebounded rather nicely after taking a dive a few years ago.  (shrug)

On 6/9/2022 at 8:26 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I'm not a fan of clink, but I'll play devils advocate for a moment...The Buscema FF 112 page went for a very strong price, as did the Kubert Wolverine 75 splash and pretty much all of the Romita Jr pieces (actually, they were very strong prices for his work).  Bagley prices continued their upwards climb.  Grampa continues to impress.  Dillin JLA prices have rebounded rather nicely after taking a dive a few years ago.  (shrug)

I'm not sure about those others but all the Romita Jr pieces seemed to do very well.

Guest Race

It seemed to be very much a collector's auction as opposed to an investor's auction... and by weakness I mean "not rising to some new insane levels for everything." There were some very nicely priced pieces... congrats to whoever picked up the Larsen Savage Dragon/TMNT, Thorne Red Sonja, Romita Cap/Fury, Buscema FF 145 page and those two Byrne FF character pages. That was fair market value all around, IMHO.

Edited by Race

On 6/9/2022 at 8:32 AM, pemart1966 said:

WOW - someone waaaaay overpaid.

Ditko spidey is pretty regularly 100k now when you've got spidey in costume.   And this has great shots of kraven too.    Its really a very nice panel page and that's what they are starting to go for.    Splashes used to be 100k, but splashes are 300k now when available... 

Edited by Bronty

In fact looking at heritage's results, page 17 from the same issue, also with spidey and kraven in costume, went for almost the exact same money.   Quite comparable pages IMO.     

This one is more pleasing to the eye, but the other one had a panel similar to the cover - pretty even trade off IMO.

Edited by Bronty

On 6/9/2022 at 3:44 AM, Race said:

My local station lowered their price by 2 cents last week. I waited to fill up. Prices increased by 22 cents this morning. We are approaching 6 in AZ. Glad I don't need to drive much to survive. 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, cstojano said:

My local station lowered their price by 2 cents last week. I waited to fill up. Prices increased by 22 cents this morning. We are approaching 6 in AZ. Glad I don't need to drive much to survive. 

Be thankful gas is so cheap in the US compared to Canada and Europe 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:12 AM, Bronty said:

In fact looking at heritage's results, page 17 from the same issue, also with spidey and kraven in costume, went for almost the exact same money.   Quite comparable pages IMO.     

This one is more pleasing to the eye, but the other one had a panel similar to the cover - pretty even trade off IMO.

Not sure what you’re seeing, but the page on HA was significantly superior to the one on Clink