• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS spooky & mystical spoiler thread
4 4

386 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2022 at 3:43 PM, JC25427N said:

I always assumed the one Thanos destroyed was a replica since Strange knew he had to give Thanos the stone in the end anyway

Edit:

Although thinking about it more, why didn't he just leave the stone in the fake and let Thanos take it and go away. Didn't have to risk Tony dying lol. 

Maybe in that scenario Thanos just kills them all before teleporting away, but by hiding the stone and making the deal for Tony's life he guarantees Thanos will leave Tony alive since he's honorable. Who knows

MCU movies are more enjoyable if you don't think about them too hard :drool:

The time stone Thanos got from Dr. Strange must have been real because he used it to turn back time and put Vision's stone back together in Infinity War.

The whole storyline of getting all six stones for the snap would have been pointless if a fake was good enough.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:15 PM, valiantman said:

The time stone Thanos got from Dr. Strange must have been real because he used it to turn back time and put Vision's stone back together in Infinity War.

The whole storyline of getting all six stones for the snap would have been pointless if a fake was good enough.

Yes, I was talking about the Eye of Agamotto that Thanos crushed. I was responding to someone wondering how the Eye still exists in this movie when it was destroyed in infinity war. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:15 AM, valiantman said:

I would have thought there was no question in the stones since it would have been impossible for the gauntlet to work without them 

Guess Loki threw some people for a loop?

On 5/27/2022 at 12:19 PM, The Meta said:

I would have thought there was no question in the stones since it would have been impossible for the gauntlet to work without them 

Guess Loki threw some people for a loop?

Yes, there is no question about the stones. Whenever I referred to a fake/replica in my post, I was talking about the Eye of Agamotto that housed the stone. 

Finally got around to seeing it after Spider-Man NWH dropped onto cable.

I just found it all a bit messy, and certainly would not want to watch it again.

Thank christ I dumped my Vengeance #1's before the film!

On 7/18/2022 at 1:20 AM, Beige said:

Finally got around to seeing it after Spider-Man NWH dropped onto cable.

I just found it all a bit messy, and certainly would not want to watch it again.

Thank christ I dumped my Vengeance #1's before the film!

Agree, and I was looking forward to this one a lot. I am a huge fan of the first...

On 9/2/2022 at 10:18 PM, Prince Namor said:

America Chavez was cool as hell!

Agreed. 

As for the rest of your post, it's cast doubt on my longstanding favorable opinion of your brains & good taste. :Rocket:

On 5/27/2022 at 12:18 PM, JC25427N said:

Yes, I was talking about the Eye of Agamotto that Thanos crushed. I was responding to someone wondering how the Eye still exists in this movie when it was destroyed in infinity war. 

The new 3rd eye for Strange is the Eye of Horus I believe.

Apples and hand grenades.

The Forbes article notes that the supposed $94.5 extra Dr. Strange MoM cost was still a net production cost, after the UK tax breaks were deducted.

The Guardians of the Galaxy supposed cost overruns were cancelled out by the tax breaks - hence net production cost for that film was still $200 million.

Interesting that there are UK film industry reports that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 at $232M after tax incentives came from more than one Forbes article.

One of the biggest areas of expense was spending on the production staff which peaked at 441 in 2013. They were paid a total of $21.5 million and the tax credit scheme helps to keep them in work.