• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS spooky & mystical spoiler thread
4 4

386 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2022 at 5:55 PM, jsilverjanet said:
On 5/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, MV said:

Sorry I was a bit ambiguous - I am not sure about the actors part - I think they may re-use them if they re-appear - it was more the expendable part!

I don’t think they will use all of them

maybe one of them, but that’s about it 

I didn't notice if a 

Even though it's a spoiler thread.

Spoiler

If the actress who played Monica was the girl from the captain marvel movie.

So I guess they can still use older actors or actresses they've already used. I lose it all in the multiverse so to speak. Of who is who and what not. A lot of cheering in the theater for the cameos, that they were still talking and couldn't hear them all.

A decent flick, I just wasn't that into it. Strange is kind of like Deadpool in that he's willing to go down the rabbit hole, until he's not, which I guess is the moral point of the movie lol

On 5/5/2022 at 5:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It was full of Disney "magic"

Pg 13

I yawned a couple of times, and what do I expect with dr strange, but magic. Still it was a little creepy if you have kids.

Splaining to do :)

Still could be a bit much for younger audiences.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It was full of Disney "magic"

Pg 13

I yawned a couple of times, and what do I expect with dr strange, but magic. Still it was a little creepy if you have kids.

Splaining to do :)

About half way  I looked around to see if people were into it and noticed a lot of people were scrolling on their phones

But I do have friends that loved it

Edited by MV

On 5/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, MV said:

About half way  I looked around to see if people were into it and noticed a lot of people were scrolling on their phones

Ya I hear you, there were cheers and laughs in the theater too though, it just was a point of having seen it in screen I feel.

Kind of like that family guy episode where Peter says, " he said it, he said the thing!"

Just the promise of more will do it for some :shy:

really enjoyed it - thought I saw the Living Tribunal in there quickly

thought America was good, Scarlet Witch was excellent, Rintrah!

the music battle was extremely clever, very clever and well done

and of course CLEA!

I predicted they would kill everyone but I was surprised when they did. And Wanda too.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:11 PM, Wolverinex said:

Where the heck was  Dr. Strange variant with many arms... 

at then end, zombie strange busted that pose out

which I thought was very cool. I hated the makeup around the eyes, but what can you do

On 5/5/2022 at 9:20 PM, Bird said:

at then end, zombie strange busted that pose out

which I thought was very cool. I hated the makeup around the eyes, but what can you do

Dr Strange possessing a dead version of himself while using the Darkhold and basically welding souls of the damned as a flying cloak. Hardcore.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:21 PM, grendelbo said:

It had Bruce, right?

Yes

On 5/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, Wolverinex said:

Also,  I couldn't take the 3rd eye at the end seriously... at least make it glowing...

I don't think it is eye of agamotto which would glow, it is from wielding the Darkhold I guess, but what does it do? Is it the MCU way of working in the eye of agamotto imagery since the eye is an infinity stone in the MCU?

The Illuminati actually slowed the movie down I thought. A bit too much fan service but it was fun for sure. Black Bolt's death was like a one pager in What The? or something but it worked. When Black Bolt killed Strange I thought it was pretty groovy, nitpick he should have whispered more but always good to see when...BLACK BOLT SPEAKS!

Love the ode to the 90s cartoon with the muted theme music when Professor X rolled/floated out on stage!!!! Giggidy

America Chavez seemed like the damsel in distress, tied to the railroad tracks the entire movie. I was over that pretty quickly. 

Hoping to see more Black Bolt, Captain Carter and John K as Reed Richard’s in the future! I can do without the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel, but whatever.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:39 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Love the ode to the 90s cartoon with the muted theme music when Professor X rolled/floated out on stage!!!! Giggidy

America Chavez seemed like the damsel in distress, tied to the railroad tracks the entire movie. I was over that pretty quickly. 

Hoping to see more Black Bolt, Captain Carter and John K as Reed Richard’s in the future! I can do without the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel, but whatever.

Was Monica Rambeau even  the same actress from  Wanda vision?  

On 5/5/2022 at 9:39 PM, AGGIEZ said:

we both liked it but I have the opposite reactions to your points. I didn't see America as that while watching but you do have a point. I was glad to see John K go and thought Captain marvel was the best part of that scene, the battle energy dance with Marvel and Witchiepoo was cool. I never watched the cartoon so didn't even notice that.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:30 PM, Bird said:

I don't think it is eye of agamotto which would glow, it is from wielding the Darkhold I guess, but what does it do? Is it the MCU way of working in the eye of agamotto imagery since the eye is an infinity stone in the MCU?

Yeah, I just think it looked silly.  I'm sure he will slowly get corrupted by the Darkhold.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:57 PM, Wolverinex said:

Was Monica Rambeau even  the same actress from  Wanda vision?  

No. Is it Danvers friend, the mother Rambeau?