• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does color rub impact the grade of a book?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I’m curious to see how color rub on a cover impacts a book that is otherwise a solid 9.8 Candidate. 

The color rub in the pictures is very minimal, how much do you think this would knock down a 9.8? 

The books have no other issues.

8759F20A-0D9C-414C-9CEF-F53838E0C67C.jpeg

71D1A4D9-343A-458D-97CF-65110B2C413B.jpeg

70B6A934-E96E-4B25-81C3-420C5EF359EA.jpeg

45D35B66-2A40-4BF7-944F-6C6C1CDD6FDE.jpeg

Is it just me, or do these scuffs look too much like camera glare, how can you tell from the picture? I've had this kind of thing on detective books and some lawyer, I forget the name, what it was. I even wrote an essay a couple of years ago on this topic about lawyering with examples with go right here for better content. But even after doing so much work with this material, I still can't remember what it was.

Edited by Publearnow

IME CGC is overly harsh on rubs and 9.8's wont be given.   If it is a 9.8 otherwise and there is very small rub almost certainly you will get 9.6.  Exception being if it slips past the grader

Edited by MAR1979