• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating mdean2437 for 2 month old change of heart bogus paypal dispute!
9 9

220 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, wombat said:

What recourse do I have?  You should have that tattooed on your forehead. Every time you look in the mirror it would be a reminder of how much you messed up. 

On 5/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

2103452258_tenor(6)(1).gif.228da2011c13995808072acad9844d48.gif

On 5/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, kav said:

naw

Well it supposed to be "What recourse do I have " on his forehead, but after him trying to explain it to the tattoo artist this is what he walked away with. 

On 5/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well it supposed to be "What recourse do I have " on his forehead, but after him trying to explain it to the tattoo artist this is what he walked away with. 

i havent read any of his posts-way too many words.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:20 PM, kav said:

i havent read any of his posts-way too many words.

Yeah. I dont speak whatever dialect that is either.  I was only basing it off of the others interpretation and using their quotes.  

20220508_212706.png.62be44881f98a5b1ef967d19d85e8b9a.png

has anyone here read more than a few of his sentences before they threw their hands up in despair?

On 5/8/2022 at 8:15 PM, kav said:

naw

If we reached price could I have 39 days to pay?  Is PayPal accepted. 

TC33

Replied: March 7

That would have been no problem and Paypal is always accepted, but I had been negotiating payment arrangements with someone for much of yesterday and they finally said they would take it about 5 hours before your message.   If anything falls through with his first deposit payment coming in later today, I will let you know.    

Thanks!  -Terry

So we had ample back and forth and acceptance of the deal.  Keep in mind I had been fielding questions from multiple people on the book.  After already posting as sold, all of a sudden a separate PM comes through from mdean2437 as though we had never even discussed the book prior or that it had already been sold to him.  Not thinking much of it at the time, I had simply assumed it was from a different buyer since the book was already sold, (why would he have asked about the book if he had already committed to buy it?)  but didn't realize this was the same guy that bought the book until 2 months later when he used this same "Sorry Book Already Sold" PM to respond to me and ask to return the book, I was like what?  Are you even the original buyer? :makepoint:   He just had to email me or use the other purchase PM post and I would have not had to ask the pretty basic question to make sure, which I confirmed to him OK, you are the correct buyer the next day, I think a day before he even opened the paypal dispute.  Nearly 2 months had gone by, so it seemed like a logical question since he responded from this above Book Already Sold PM that I thought was someone completely different since it made no sense otherwise!

I have spent way too much of my last couple weeks dealing with this nightmare,  If you all want to take a vote from this thread based on everything presented, so be it, I will include some of the highlights below.   I don't have the desire to start over from scratch and summarize everything, but I feel anyone still following this thread to this point have a pretty good idea and support for everything already.  I don't know how long I will be dealing with the fallout from paypal from this, it has already affected me quite significantly to this point with no end in sight. 

PAYPAL: Item details
Item name:
We're wolf by NIght 32
Item description:
We're wolf by NIght 32
Quantity:
Issue:
Not as described
Issue type:
Different item - MATERIAL
Issue description:
I'm not sure what kind of scam is going on. The seller said he didn't sell it to me The tracking number didn't work for me not sure why it a comic did arrive but there seems to be various things wrong with it not disclosed. I am not sure when it was delivered as the tracking number didn work for me maybe it will you so the date i select is random

Tracking Number: RB665522166US

Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 11:27 am on March 18, 2022 in HARTSELLE, AL 35640.

Status

Delivered, Left with Individual

March 18, 2022 at 11:27 am

HARTSELLE, AL 35640 

Feedback from one of several times he sold the book read his description of the book!

The best buying experience I have ever had on eBay! This guy is the chairman of the board when it comes to customer service!!! All-Star even included free, ultra high grade comics with my order! Simply the best!!!
🔑Werewolf by Night 32 🔥 Origin + FIRST App Moon Knight higher graNever Pressed (#284750669915)

Edited by TC33

On 5/8/2022 at 7:41 PM, TC33 said:

That would have been no problem and Paypal is always accepted, but I had been negotiating payment arrangements with someone for much of yesterday and they finally said they would take it about 5 hours before your message.   If anything falls through with his first deposit payment coming in later today, I will let you know.    

Thanks!  -Terry

So we had ample back and forth and acceptance of the deal.  Keep in mind I had been fielding questions from multiple people on the book.  After already posting as sold, all of a sudden a separate PM comes through from mdean2437 as though we had never even discussed the book prior or that it had already been sold to him.  Not thinking much of it at the time, I had simply assumed it was from a different buyer since the book was already sold, (why would he have asked about the book if he had already committed to buy it?)  but didn't realize this was the same guy that bought the book until 2 months later when he used this same "Sorry Book Already Sold" PM to respond to me and ask to return the book, I was like what?  Are you even the original buyer? :makepoint:   He just had to email me or use the other purchase PM post and I would have not had to ask the pretty basic question to make sure, which I confirmed to him OK, you are the correct buyer the next day, I think a day before he even opened the paypal dispute.  Nearly 2 months had gone by, so it seemed like a logical question since he responded from this above Book Already Sold PM that I thought was someone completely different since it made no sense otherwise!

I have spent way too much of my last couple weeks dealing with this nightmare,  If you all want to take a vote from this thread based on everything presented, so be it, I will include some of the highlights below.   I don't have the desire to start over from scratch and summarize everything, but I feel anyone still following this thread to this point have a pretty good idea and support for everything already.  I don't know how long I will be dealing with the fallout from paypal from this, it has already affected me quite significantly to this point with no end in sight. 

PAYPAL: Item details
Item name:
We're wolf by NIght 32
Item description:
We're wolf by NIght 32
Quantity:
Issue:
Not as described
Issue type:
Different item - MATERIAL
Issue description:
I'm not sure what kind of scam is going on. The seller said he didn't sell it to me The tracking number didn't work for me not sure why it a comic did arrive but there seems to be various things wrong with it not disclosed. I am not sure when it was delivered as the tracking number didn work for me maybe it will you so the date i select is random

Tracking Number: RB665522166US

Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 11:27 am on March 18, 2022 in HARTSELLE, AL 35640.

Status

Delivered, Left with Individual

March 18, 2022 at 11:27 am

HARTSELLE, AL 35640 

Feedback from one of several times he sold the book read his description of the book!

The best buying experience I have ever had on eBay! This guy is the chairman of the board when it comes to customer service!!! All-Star even included free, ultra high grade comics with my order! Simply the best!!!
🔑Werewolf by Night 32 🔥 Origin + FIRST App Moon Knight higher graNever Pressed (#284750669915)

where's the vote?  I'm ready.

On 5/8/2022 at 10:07 PM, Red84 said:

Enough!

@mdean2437 you either have the book and attempted to defraud @TC33 by claiming the book was not as described despite the fact that you made ridiculous claims in your ebay listing about the book being even higher grade then the description that was sold to you OR you acted unethically on ebay by arranging multiple shill purchases of the same book. What it looks like is you did BOTH bad acts!

This is clear cut HOS.

Get out of here with this nonsense. 

@CGC Mike I would argue this is a situation where @mdean2437 should also be banned from these boards. These threads have been out of control.

Agreed in all respects. It would be hard to be less subtle about shill purchases unless he renamed his account Shill Silverstein and advertised comics from the Shillver Age. And maybe not even then. 

And that's arguably not the most damaging action he's taken, measured by material interference with someone else's business.

And then we have the posts here. If they are, as he has sometimes claimed, the product of a disorganized mind in need of mental health treatment, then he needs to be prevented from doing business here (or, probably, posting at all) for his well-being as much as anyone else's. If they're just an effort to baffle us with bull:censored: in the hopes this all blows over, then he needs sanctioned all the more for it.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:04 PM, Qalyar said:

Agreed in all respects. It would be hard to be less subtle about shill purchases unless he renamed his account Shill Silverstein and advertised comics from the Shillver Age. And maybe not even then. 

And that's arguably not the most damaging action he's taken, measured by material interference with someone else's business.

And then we have the posts here. If they are, as he has sometimes claimed, the product of a disorganized mind in need of mental health treatment, then he needs to be prevented from doing business here (or, probably, posting at all) for his well-being as much as anyone else's. If they're just an effort to baffle us with bull:censored: in the hopes this all blows over, then he needs sanctioned all the more for it.

I think he’s pretending to have different personalities like moon knight especially since the book in question is wwbn32. 

Wow, this is entertaining except for those actually involved. The headache must be monumental. Without having to read too much of his contrived nonsense…seems pretty simple, when anyone makes an honest mistake, the explanation is clear cut and simple. Generally (and usually) speaking, the more gibberish that sputters out of your mouth like a five year old that broke his mothers vase and tried to just set it back up on the counter, the more full of complete and utter horses**t you are. It’s too bad, these boards are full of wonderful, straight up, and honest individuals who enjoy looking for a deal, bantering a bit, and selling and buying from like minded individuals. I truly enjoy it here and have decided I will rarely buy elsewhere. I really hope this stays the rare problem and doesn’t blossom out of control. Regardless of where it ends, that username is toast, and on everyone’s personal POS list I’m sure. Good luck TC33! Sorry you came across this nonsense. 

On 5/8/2022 at 7:12 PM, mdean2437 said:

My few key points are simple.

I asked  these questions nicely.

How sure what he there was no restoration?

What was his restoration policy? 

would he be willing to accept a return. ?

All of that was in my 1st PM to him to be clear I had  not asked for a return. Just willingness. 

He sends a DM, then an email containing

In both of these messages he states I

I am not the purchaser of the book and I am attempting to defraud him

I'm the email he states I gave my .money to someone else.

As a buyer, if a seller  emphatically tell states on 2 separate occasions I was lying and he didn't sell me the book.

What recourse do I have?

I asked basic policy questions, based 

I filed a claim on PP because of his response

He then messages me via DM stating he would cover restoration.

I  tell him I want the book and do not care what CGC grades it as so long as it bad a blue Label I'll be happy

We yammer and eventually come to terms..  for me it was him to state he restoration policy in the Dm and in the PP dispute.  He asked I provide photographic evidence of the 

current state/condition of the book. He also ask once these completed the dispute be closed.

I send a message in PP that included a pic of book and asked for concurrence of that and his restoration policy.

In this message to him and the PP dispute team I clearly stated once he concurred that the dispute please be closed 

I guess he did those things, not sure but 2 days later he elevated the dispute and nominated me for the HOS.

PayPal would have automatically steeped in closed had he just waited a little longer.

That's all I have time for now.

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Great summary…that leaves out plenty of key facts.

image.gif.cff0c2e93e70b59f4f2e5d66fb2e920a.gif