• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating mdean2437 for 2 month old change of heart bogus paypal dispute!
9 9

220 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2022 at 11:24 AM, wombat said:

You might want to consider filing a police report. Although I will admit I don't know how that works. 

it is insanely easy, I did one for a presumed porch pirate theft and it was all online, you fill it out, they verify the report with an official copy

On 5/4/2022 at 2:09 AM, KCOComics said:

I missed this in the OP!

So Mdean actually sold the book at auction on ebay? It's gone, yet, he's still opening a PP claim to request a refund?

I think this is HOS worthy.  He has a PP claim for an item that he can't return.  

He can't claim that he felt the book was restored or not fairly represented,  because he guaranteed the book was unrestored in his auction...  he also graded the book much higher at his auction and bragged about getting one over on the person he bought it from. 

This seems pretty indefensible to me. 

Not only this but he would not send me new scans and stopped communicating with me when I requested them!  Look at the lower left spine compared to my scan, it sure looks like he tried to color touch 3 of the lower spine ticks!  That is why he told me he was worried it may be restored in the lower left, he did it himself!  :pullhair:

Edited by TC33

So when he said he could cancel his ebay sale and send the book back to me as he was "worried something was wrong with the lower left spine", take a look side by side from when I posted the book and later after he touched up the spine slightly and posted it on ebay.  Looks like he added micro color touch to minimize the lower 3 spine ticks.  So he wanted to make slightly more than his ebay sale by instead returning the book to me, stick me with a now slightly restored book in place of my unrestored book I sent him and when I gave him push back on the return unless he sent it to CGC and once I requested scans to prove he didn't tamper with the book, he ghosted me and followed through with the ebay sale getting good feedback from a unsuspecting buyer that will someday find out it now has slight color touch when they send it into CGC.  Being mad at me, he is still pushing this fraud paypal dispute to try and get $2,425 back from me, which if they rule in his favor will probably get me an empty box in the mail while stealing my money ($2,425)!

Original Scan wwbn 32.jpg

FRAUD BUYER COLOR TOUCHED COPY.jpg

On 5/4/2022 at 4:38 PM, TC33 said:

So when he said he could cancel his ebay sale and send the book back to me as he was "worried something was wrong with the lower left spine", take a look side by side from when I posted the book and later after he touched up the spine slightly and posted it on ebay.  Looks like he added micro color touch to minimize the lower 3 spine ticks.  So he wanted to make slightly more than his ebay sale by instead returning the book to me, stick me with a now slightly restored book in place of my unrestored book I sent him and when I gave him push back on the return unless he sent it to CGC and once I requested scans to prove he didn't tamper with the book, he ghosted me and followed through with the ebay sale getting good feedback from a unsuspecting buyer that will someday find out it now has slight color touch when they send it into CGC.  Being mad at me, he is still pushing this fraud paypal dispute to try and get $2,425 back from me, which if they rule in his favor will probably get me an empty box in the mail while stealing my money ($2,425)!

Original Scan wwbn 32.jpg

FRAUD BUYER COLOR TOUCHED COPY.jpg

That's a shame. Hopefully the buyer sees this post and opens his own claim. 

I really hope PP does the right thing and doesn't stick you with the bill. 

Just look how he described this comic in his ebay sales post!   Pathetic!

🔑Werewolf by Night 32 🔥 Origin + FIRST App Moon Knight higher grade Never Pressed Guranteed UNRESTORED

Higher Grade unrestored

🔑Werewolf by Night 32 🔥 Origin + FIRST App Moon Knight higher grade Never Pressed Guaranteed UNRESTORED

*****Look in my mind the highest this could grade is a 9.0 in my perfect world a 9,2. In my mind the 9.2 is a small chance.

Official Grade

VF+++ 8.5 or Higher

I'm hoping the person I purchased this comic from don't see this, but I would have paid another $1500 for the comic and sent it directly to CGC . Seriously if I'm into a comic low enough BOOM auction (qty/more comics sold) that in the ends meets are exceeds maximizing profit ie grading but for me that all depends how much Into it I am

I am betting my immediate offer and not the usual trying to trade with me getting a 30% kicker I try to get would  have tipped my hand  But then again I am not sure if we traded before  so maybe not lol I would really hate to  tip my hat, but this aint a sales pitch, this is my opinion, my

prospective,  that's how I feel about his copy.

On 5/3/2022 at 8:39 PM, NP_Gresham said:

You said he appears to have “2 different board member accounts”

Do you know this to be true?

Isnt this against board rules?

Again

Do you KNOW this to be true?

On 5/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, NP_Gresham said:

Again

Do you KNOW this to be true?

He came at me with two completely different PM threads on different days like he was two different buyers asking about it, I even told him it was already sold on the later follow up threads where he was still inquiring about it, so that threw me off when two months later he responded to me from that thread where I had stated it was already sold, but I think it was the same account.  

On 5/4/2022 at 7:08 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'm ready for the HOS vote.

There has to be a certain amount of time that passes before that can happen.  When I get home I may also reach out to him over eBay if someone else hasn’t already. 

On 5/4/2022 at 11:01 PM, thehumantorch said:

He's probably asking Dylan for advice.

Might have signed up for his program which is what led to this current situation.  

After I told him the road I was going down to expose this fraud to ebay/payapl/CGC mods and possibly the police etc.(thanks to you guys helping me find his ebay sales/feedback evidence!)  he finally responded tonight and removed the paypal dispute!   He stated he never color touched it up, but was just a blurry ebay scan, however he ignored the ebay sales/feedback evidence and was still acting like he had the book which we all know is not true.  There is at least a chance the scan he put up on ebay was just blurry, I can't say for fact it was color touch he added to those spine ticks without the book in my hand, but it sure does look extremely suspicious, especially with him pointing out that he thought that area might be a problem area for his reason in wanting a return after 2 months, although that time frame went right along with the ebay auction ending for slightly less than his purchase price with me.  He also told me he wanted to cancel his ebay sale and return it to me instead which made me suspicious from the start!   We all clearly see in the auction where he guaranteed it was unrestored and a strong 9.0!  :roflmao:  Regardless, he lost all benefit of the doubt after selling it twice on ebay and for sure closing on the most recent sale in which he already got feedback from a somehow happy buyer at the same time as opening a fraud paypal dispute for a book he no longer even owned and yet he acted tonight like he still had it, was sorry for ghosting me and could still send it into CGC!   Like if you ignore hard facts enough, maybe we will just forget them?  :facepalm:   (tsk)  I could tell it was my threat of going to the police that made him finally contact me, remove the paypal dispute and suddenly become sorry for putting me through all this!  :tonofbricks:  What say you all, should I still push this evidence of what he tried to do with ebay/paypal so they know what he did and the hell he put me through?

Sent me multiple PM's and multiple emails tonight, some were short and hard to understand, but below contains almost everything of substance.  

---------- Original Message ----------
To: Terry Lutz <tlutz33@juno.com>
Subject: Re: WWBN 32
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 21:42:15 -0500

I tell you all of this not looking to blame anyone other than myself. I realize my crazy was the catalyst and then the fuel for your mistrust.  I am back normal and not shutting myself off so you will see much quicker response times.  I did think by asking PayPal to drop it would drop.  I have since canceled.   
I don't expect you to understand or care. These things  are not your problem.  To give you an idea the reason I asked for your pic's was because at 1 point I thought family was out to get me.  Which all they do is try to protect me.   

My point I caused the problem and mistrust I see that. I am doing all I know to make it right.  Full disclosure, pictures, and dropped PayPal

Get the police in involved.  There is no fraud.  Just hold your houses and wait for some pictures.  If you still feel that way. Fit. I let CGC decide.  If nothing else I'll know your a liar.  Because I can guarantee I haven't touched the book. The spine tics are still there in full force.  

I did overreact and that I aplogized for. 

Just wait for pictures.   At this point I don't care about the book. I care about being publicly defamed, accusing me of fraud.  That sir is not cool.  Once you see the pictures and see nothing has changed   I expect you to admit so publicly if you have accused me of fraud publicly.  Otherwise I will start looking into legal options. 

Ha! I haven't color touched anything.  I'll take some better pictures of it. Whenever I get home tonight. I'll send all the pictures you want.  I will go ahead and send to CGC too. Assuming your telling the truth then it gets a Blue label.   Before y8u

I'm closing the cas on PayPal as an act of good faith.  I asked PayPal to close it if you read the message. I'll go do it manually

MY RESPONSE   (and to be fair he did send me some scans, at least one of them looked a bit better and more like my original scan of the book, hopefully it was recent)

You have no idea the hell you have caused me.  Paypal put a freeze not only on all those funds from this long ago sale, but all the large sales I have done since then until I provide proof of delivery/happy customer etc!  The biggest problem you have is you opened that paypal dispute even though you had already sold the book on ebay and even had feedback on it from the buyer to prove you are not even in possession of the book anymore and couldn't send it to CGC or to me as you no longer even had it!  Worse yet, your ebay posting/sale guaranteed it unrestored and a strong 9.0 that you had practically stolen from me while saying the opposite to paypal!  That was an unforgivable dishonest act and it was also highly illegal.  The kinds of dollars we are talking about for doing an act like that put this in the class of attempted grand theft larceny and interstate fraud that is easily provable, so you can't be doing stuff like that!  I can't tell you how much hell and stress you have put me through over the past week with all this!