• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating mdean2437 for 2 month old change of heart bogus paypal dispute!
9 9

220 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2022 at 9:22 AM, wombat said:

Is he saying that he still has the book or not? I'm a little confused on that aspect. 

he seems to be saying conflicting things

he wants to send the book back? Oh yeah, that will end well. :whistle: He is lucky he isn't dealing with himself, who would tell him to send the book back and then deny it ever was returned.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:22 AM, wombat said:

Is he saying that he still has the book or not? I'm a little confused on that aspect. 

According to eBay, the book in question “sold” and the buyer now has positive feedback for the book so one would assume he no longer has it. 

00FF4E78-2F1C-458C-ADBA-4C8B42168593.jpeg.e2132fe2800df834d91484de96e88d9c.jpeg

However, in one of the buyer’s screeds that the OP reposted, the buyer challenges the OP about sending the book to CGC to prove it wasn’t color touched….which would seem to suggest he still has it. 

3A709241-C54F-42D1-A7A0-DFE9C5BCFAE7.jpeg.88de8e3359a98f0eb11c50c68e8a392d.jpeg

So perhaps the “winning” bidder who posted positive feedback is actually a shill account or a buddy.  I guess that’s why the buyer is so freaked out about returning it:  even with over-grading and shilling he still couldn’t push the book past what he paid for it. 

The fraudulent claims he made to PayPal to try and force a refund is what troubles me the most. 

Edited by Number 6

On 5/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, mdean2437 said:

Okay so I'd like to do 2 things

1.establish position

2. Establish the book is in the same condition

I am asking the board to tell me how to do that.  I'll start there.

I tried staying out of the fray, I can see my schizophrenia has triggered someone else's.  4 realz

The condition of the book is 100% irrelevant. According to your ebay you sold the book and the buyer left you positive feedback. Therefore there is no book to return. Everything else is noise.

End of story.

You opened a paypal claim on a book that you had already sold to a third party.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:43 AM, buttock said:

Just FYI I don't see any evidence that he tried to color touch it.  I'd take that off the table. 

But clearly, he's marketing it as a certain grade himself.  That removes ANY ability to negotiate that he thinks it's not up to snuff as advertised in the initial transaction. 

I agree on the color touch. When I saw the pictures I thought it looked more like a difference in lighting. But I didn’t say anything as I’m not really an expert on color touch. 

However, I think the OP has already acknowledged that he’s walking back the accusation of color touch. 

The buyer is the one who keeps bringing up the accusation of color touch as he’s offended that he would be falsely accused of such a thing. While ignoring the fact that he blatantly lied to PayPal about receiving the book and having a working tracking number. 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:24 PM, mdean2437 said:

Okay so I'd like to do 2 things

1.establish position

2. Establish the book is in the same condition

I am asking the board to tell me how to do that.  I'll start there.

I tried staying out of the fray, I can see my schizophrenia has triggered someone else's.  4 realz

Do you currently have possession of the book?