• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating mdean2437 for 2 month old change of heart bogus paypal dispute!
9 9

220 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2022 at 11:00 AM, wombat said:
On 5/5/2022 at 10:24 AM, mdean2437 said:

Okay so I'd like to do 2 things

1.establish position

2. Establish the book is in the same condition

I am asking the board to tell me how to do that.  I'll start there.

I tried staying out of the fray, I can see my schizophrenia has triggered someone else's.  4 realz

Do you currently have possession of the book?

Yes, how can you establish the book's condition or lack of restoration or return it or send it to CGC if you've sold it and received positive feedback on ebay?

On 5/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, thehumantorch said:

Yes, how can you establish the book's condition or lack of restoration or return it or send it to CGC if you've sold it and received positive feedback on ebay?

I cancelled the order on the buyers request he left me positive feedback. He has bought a few items from me .  I can make a sign or put it up next to this thread snap a picture.  Use your brain 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:28 PM, KCOComics said:

At this point, drop the claim with PP and don't reopen it.  That was the wrong thing to do. 

Allot of us are confused about if you have the comic or not,  but truthfully that's a moot point for this issue. What matters here is TC33 is hole and can put this mess behind us. 

I'm empathic to some of the personal challenges you are facing.  I sincerely wish you well. Having watched a love one face similar challenges, I can appreciate that things aren't always linear for some of us. 

I do think you deserve the HOS because this could have caused unnecessary damage to an innocent party. But in the grand scheme of life,  the HOS on an anonymous chat board isn't a big deal. Your health and well being is and I wish you luck

Thank you. I will live with the outcome and accept it graciously. I do see where I caused the issue.  

On 5/5/2022 at 7:17 PM, mdean2437 said:

I cancelled the order on the buyers request he left me positive feedback. He has bought a few items from me .  I can make a sign or put it up next to this thread snap a picture.  Use your brain 

No, use YOUR brain.  

See what I did there?

On 5/6/2022 at 7:17 AM, mdean2437 said:

If you do have the book on hand , could you take a picture against today's newspaper showing the date ? 

On 5/5/2022 at 8:44 PM, Timmay said:

Looking through the completed sales of all_star_comics on ebay, there are multiple copies of multiple high-profile books that have been resold multiple times.

Including CGC copies which makes it real easy to see it's the same book.

hm

That there are. Seems like either he has the worst luck with npb or is shilling the expensive books. 

Good catch... Sorting his books by sold listings and then price show kisy about every key is relisted at least once. 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:17 PM, mdean2437 said:

I can make a sign or put it up next to this thread snap a picture.  Use your brain 

Then let's see it. I'm confused about what you are waiting for here.  Write the date on piece of paper, with your name, take pic of both together. post to forum. Easy.

Edited by speedcake

Essentially I am made whole, I am ready to put this all behind me and move on.  The dispute is gone and my $2,425 has been released.   However after using paypal since the late 90s/early 00s with a perfect track record, they are now holding all my funds on new sales until the day after they can verify the item was received, (not shipped, freaking received).  Never before have I seen that in my life, so there must be some strike against me still dinging me from this and I still have to get them to fix that.  The customer service rep yesterday said she couldn't do it, its a system/computer function and put me on hold for over an hour to talk to a manager after which time I hung up.  Not the end of the world, I always deliver what I am paid for, but just a pain in the arse since I usually like to have those funds cleared before I ship and deliver.  :(

PAYPAL: You have $5,997.99 on hold