• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating mdean2437 for 2 month old change of heart bogus paypal dispute!
9 9

220 posts in this topic

What an awful experience. Really feel for you that you had to, and are having to really, deal with this. Hopefully Paypal doesn't perpetually handle your account this way. is it possible to speak them directly and show them this thread or something else to change your account status? I'm guessing no, just musing out loud.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:44 AM, Number 6 said:

I guess it depends on what you consider being “made whole”. 

In one sense, yes, you have the money for this particular book. 

On the other hand, the buyer’s fraudulent claim with PayPal has now negatively altered the way PayPal conducts it’s business with you for an unspecified period of time.  

For someone who sells and uses PayPal regularly, is that “whole”?

Absolutely not.  The buyer's action severely impacted the seller's ability to get paid in a timely manner from Paypal. The buyer's behavior throughout this transaction appears to have been a nightmare for the seller, and once the matter was settled between the two of them, the seller will continue to feel the impact on what the buyer did to him.  HOS is where he should be.  

On 5/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, buttock said:

Yup.  Schizophrenia will cause a lot of issues.  Trying to rip someone off in a very deliberately calculated manner is not one of them.  

That I didn't do . Never once attempted to rip him off. I'm not sure what has been posted and what hasn't.

Once we agreed that I prove condition of book he would accept responsibility.   I would drop PP.   I had never done a PP dispute, I typed in the message to PayPal which he saw and asked them to drop it.  As I was coming down per SE (not drugs) but I go real high, excitable, can't sleep to coma.  Anyway I didn't know until a few days later I needed to hit a button.   

Not a single second of any crazy thought I had was me ripping him off.

If anyone actually cares, I can still provide current ownership, current condition proof.  If that's not changing minds then meh.

Still he asked to drop it, he asked me to drop it and leave our buisnesss be. Meaning I'd have to accept all risk associated with a person who doesn't even use a Lupe to spot ct.  However it seems the board will not allow this deal  Why?  Well besides harassing messages from randos, the only reason I would consider taking the risk on the book was to have this be over. Basically me saying yeah, I caused a problem so I'll go at risk to help smooth it over as best possible.  The offended party  was satisfied with this. 

Now the drama queens...

Im not accepting a $2500 risk because you have to upload a tracking number.  FTS.    I am doing it to end this matter.

If y'all's mind is made up so be it . If there is something to quell your fears plainly state it. People talking sh$t in a safe place  had definitely altered my view.  

I guess I am not going to let this matter go after all, and better start reading what's been posted. 

To be clear , I 1st started the problem by messaging him.  However I don't think it would take a concerned schzio to overreact to someone saying your a fraud, you didn't even buy the book.  The moon tell you it's because you were using a different account you don't have.  Now In my mind and especially at the time it was a clear indicator I had been had.

Funny enough ai never thought  ct, I thought trimmed.  Which he explained after I told Him that  explained all the reasons it wasnt possible (this is toward the end).

I then unintentionally screwed up the PP thing. I can show in .y .message where I asked them to cancel it. I thought it was done. I have mixtures if head problems, BP 1, schzio, percusory delusions.   Maybe Adrian @Top City Comicscan weigh in here.  But when I came down from the BP1 schzio alternate reality, where I contacted every dealer (yep even the big ones) sent book back  Thought there was a conspiracy.  See precursory delusions.  I have a Hulk 181 and bunch other at 1 of the biggest circuit delaers are resending them.  Basically I'm paying a mess ton of 2 way shipping and they get to laugh.  

Now with them it was a simple I did t get an answer fast enough to calm my crazy on what the restore policy was.

See this was caused from a reality that only exisisted for me .  The only dispute I filed was again op , but that was simply based on his response.

I can't satisfy everyone, put your heads together, get a mod, or choose an ambassador to clearly state what the board needs.

If your mind is made up, nothing I can do . Just tell me.

As for the person, I see posted here sending me harassing communication on eBay.   We should talk about it tough guy! 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, buttock said:

Yup.  Schizophrenia will cause a lot of issues.  Trying to rip someone off in a very deliberately calculated manner is not one of them.  

On 5/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, speedcake said:

What an awful experience. Really feel for you that you had to, and are having to really, deal with this. Hopefully Paypal doesn't perpetually handle your account this way. is it possible to speak them directly and show them this thread or something else to change your account status? I'm guessing no, just musing out loud.

I offered to call PP and explain how it was my fault.  

On 5/5/2022 at 11:26 PM, speedcake said:

Then let's see it. I'm confused about what you are waiting for here.  Write the date on piece of paper, with your name, take pic of both together. post to forum. Easy.

Okay I'll do that here in a few .  Go read my side. It doesn't absolve me from causing harm, I think it shows I was never trying to commit fraud.  I just posted it

On 5/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, Comicshows said:

Was it ever mentioned what the second board name was who the OP suspected? 

Please read my post my side of the story. It doesn't absolve me of causing him problems, I think it does of me trying to be fraudulent.

On 5/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Every time I venture into this subsection I think how can this case be any worse than the last and every time I am surprised how wrong I am.

This is definitely HOS worthy.

Do you know the entire story? I really dont what he wrote, I just wrote my piece. Ask away. I will upload a few things too.

On 5/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, Domo Arigato said:

In my opinion.....mdean2437 needs to be on the Hall of Shame list to serve as a warning to other board members..  I also don't think he ever sold the book on eBay for that price.  The eBay "buyer" has a high feedback rating, but over the last 30 days, 92 percent of his bid activity has been with mdean2437's account.  If I had to guess.....it's probably a friend of his that shill bids for him to try to increase the final realized price on his auctions.

And I'll say it again.....forum members are not responsible for being mental health professionals......nor are they responsible for trying to evaluate and accommodate the issues associated with mental health issues.  We can empathize with these conditions....but if this person has a mental health issue that can cause serious issues like this.....then they should not be making deals on this forum.

Lastly, what mdean2437 did was a CLEAR violation of the Hall of Shame rules, and @TC33 should start a poll to add him the Hall of Shame list.  The rules for the Hall of Shame can be found at this link.  

Under Section 5(b) of the rules....it states:

"The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender."

TC33's business has clearly been interfered with.....and the purpose of the Hall of Shame is to alert the forum of problem members so others can decide if they want to deal with them.

How am I multi offender.  Please read my posted side