• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating mdean2437 for 2 month old change of heart bogus paypal dispute!
9 9

220 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 2:41 PM, Red84 said:

He should absolutely be put in the HOS. 

Happy the OP was able to fight back against the theft attempt, but that doesn't change what occurred. And other board members need to be warned about this guy as they might not be as lucky as the OP.

Are you sure you know the complete story but please check it out

Pleas see other topic.

It's easier to track

Edited by mdean2437
So. I can steer people to where my opinion is at

After reading what I stated, and then all of our communication. Do you guys feel like I have accurately portrayed the situation?

How about op?

I need others to tell me, as kind of sanity confrimation.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I have posted every message between us.  I explain a few things too.  For example I thought me asking PP to close the dispute inside a message I sent that Terry  had to see as it was a dispute response.

I show he denied selling me the book twice, while calling me a fraud  2x.

You do t have to be sczhoprenic to get worried if a seller did that to you.  That's why PP claim was started because he decided I was buyer.

He later claimed I used a 2nf account, if like that  name. I dont have a second account.

I have posted proof of condition and ownership

I have even posted in an effort to show it wasn't me trying to scam just having a mental episode of how a similar situation went down with a purchase from outside the board 

Look ill state it publicly.  I didn cause the issue, mental health it not.  He is not blameless  you accuse your buyer if not being a  buyer 2x, a scammer and then a CT restore Trev wannabe arseholes, while I tried ny best to right my wrongs. Even made mistakes doing that

Read the interaction and tell me what you think.  

The other email from me and  seller show how I react when not being told I'm a fraud that did buy a book I know I did

Also add. I'm a few weeks away from literally my savior. Latuda. It was taken from.ke almost a year ago and 10 of the last 12 .months my sczhoprenia is been high, my BP 1Highs last 2x a long with maybe a month break  I'm already up ticking, but latuda will having me act like I have ever other year on this board.

Life circumstances, insurance all changed, this ,(ir ceacy) has probably the most negative out of a mess ton of negatives.

This close, this close.  

@greggy

Edited by mdean2437

On 5/5/2022 at 5:54 AM, Ryan. said:

He tried to scam a board member out of over $2000. Just because he got scared and ceased pursuing the scam doesn't cancel out his original intent. He's a Hall of Shamer.

NO I didn't.

I have posted every DM and email vs summarizing just my side.

Go read, please

On 5/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, Red84 said:

The condition of the book is 100% irrelevant. According to your ebay you sold the book and the buyer left you positive feedback. Therefore there is no book to return. Everything else is noise.

End of story.

You opened a paypal claim on a book that you had already sold to a third party.

I shows verification of ownership and ever message go read.

I  can show cancelation

On 5/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Every time I venture into this subsection I think how can this case be any worse than the last and every time I am surprised how wrong I am.

This is definitely HOS worthy.

Go read our entire DM and email history. 

On 5/6/2022 at 6:10 PM, thewritestuff said:

For what it’s worth, I vote yes for the HoS nomination. The buyer’s actions are just plain nefarious, from demanding a refund after so much time had passed to trying to screw the seller out of both book and cash, not to mention the vindictive lies to PayPal, the lies to the seller himself, the overinflated grade on eBay, and the general sketchiness of his eBay “sales”, and then acting as though he did the seller some kind of favor by coming (sort of) clean, it’s clear the buyer only showed up to resolve the matter not because he saw the error of his ways, but in some  half-assed attempt to save his own bacon/try to salvage his own reputation.

Please take the time to read my side.

The read all of our DMs and emails. I posted them all.  Please I hope you do take the time to properly judge someone. 

The DMs are in chronological order, the chronology resets with the emails.

Edited by mdean2437

On 5/6/2022 at 2:41 PM, Red84 said:

He should absolutely be put in the HOS. 

Happy the OP was able to fight back against the theft attempt, but that doesn't change what occurred. And other board members need to be warned about this guy as they might not be as lucky as the OP.Screenshot_20220508-010029_Gmail.thumb.jpg.7cf76e7fd0649eac78b2971405373ab9.jpg

Are you sure you know the complete story.t

he 1st message he sent replying 

Screenshot_20220508-010029_Gmail.thumb.jpg.7cf76e7fd0649eac78b2971405373ab9.jpg

Screenshot_20220508-005939_Gmail.jpg

Word to the wise, when you post in two different PM's threads like you are two different buyers and respond two months later asking for a return using the 2nd PM thread where I say sorry, the book is already sold to someone else, you should not use that same PM thread to ask for a return or be surprised by me asking if you are even the original buyer since you did not post your request from the original sales thread, instead you used the one that I said sorry the book was already sold!.  No me asking if you are even the original buyer 2 months later coming from that already sold PM thread is still not a good reason to post a bogus paypal dispute, especially when I realized you were the original buyer the next day right after you sent me an email.

Never sold this guy a Hulk 181 (even though he posted many multiple messages above about that) I think he is showing someone else offered a resto guarantee on a book he bought maybe?  A lot of what this guy posts in dozens of emails and PM's don't make a lot of sense.  Even though it had been 2 months, I did offer a return guarantee it was unrestored a good 6-8 different times after he placed the paypal dispute so I could get all my funds released, I did this multiple times over days and days, but he still would not even respond to me or release the paypal dispute until after I got this message board started and we found the ebay sales posts and feedback. (tsk)  I am confident this guy has some serious issues, but this has been the worst experience you can imagine!  

On 5/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, mdean2437 said:
On 5/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, Domo Arigato said:

"The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender."

How am I multi offender.  Please read my posted side

I didn't say you were a multi offender.  Look at my post again.....there's a reason I bolded and underlined a specific section of that rule. 

The rule points out multiple examples of offenses......any ONE of which would qualify a person to be added to the Hall of Shame list.

Example including.....selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package OR interfering with someone's business OR being a multiple offender.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:53 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I didn't say you were a multi offender.  Look at my post again.....there's a reason I bolded and underlined a specific section of that rule. 

The rule points out multiple examples of offenses......any ONE of which would qualify a person to be added to the Hall of Shame list.

Example including.....selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package OR interfering with someone's business OR being a multiple offender.

I didn't interfere with his buisness that's was his fault. I asked 2 reasonable questions my . message to him

1. Restoration Policy

2. Return policy/was a return acceptable.

His 1st response was a DM HE Stated I was not the buyer, but I'm fact a liar and scam.

His 2nd message an email said kinda the same but maybe I had the wrong seller.

He was either being callus or carless with those accusations.  Those are why there a PP dispute.  

@Domo Arigato

Edited by mdean2437

@TC33

Offer rejected.

Still the emails and DM back me up

I have  other else but will respond if asked 

Really unless asked otherwise, I will just offer a summary and allow you all to decide .

My 1st message a DM asked 2 reasonable questions.  

1.Restore policy

2. Returns policy/acceptance

His 1st response was a DM IT WAS unreasonable

He claimed I was a liar

He didn't sell me the book..

I was pulling a scam.

His 2nd message and email was more for the same.

But with added twist of having the wrong seller. Still a liar and a scam

These 2 responses were my deciding factor in starting a PP claim. As other evidence had shown, I respond well when a seller response is reasonable.

Who accused someone if being a liar, theif, scam, or misremembering right out the box?

He then tried to play it off  as 2 accounts.

It wasn't until I gave him a way out by stating me he had different threads vs different users confused.  That don't make sense. You especially don't start slanging accusations without knowing.

We did agree that I'd provide proof of condition and he would confirm in a DM here and a dispute message on PP his acceptance of restoration returns.

He stated he did this, I take him at his word.

The messages I sent him and the PP dispute team was this: I need conccurance   that the photo attached proved condition, and  he satisfied with the condition, and that he would refund if restoration, /plod/green lab stuff happen.

I ask the case be dismissed once he confirmed both things.

I Didn't know it at the time but they wouldn't have ended it until a few days after the last response.   They don't actually read  or step until the case stalls.  Again didn't know, didn't know there was even a button to do it by.

Well 48  hours later, instead of taking to me like a normal person he hits the nuclear button.

Come here and convinces the entire board, that he a pure as the driven Snow, that poops lolly pops and gums drops, While in dastardly villain here to swindle all you funny book lovers.

Yet look at the facts of where this very post started. I  asked basic questions.  He deflected  with lies, insults and  induenno.  I was apologizing most of the time for something I was  not alone in creating. In fact my dispute in PP was justified.  He has to upload tracking numbers because of his responses, both.  Not my question.  I showed even while crazy I handled appropriate responses appropriately.  Me being crazy, well my original questions weren't, them my response based off his messages was not crazy either

We then reach an accord, 

I send a message asking for him to verify A and B. And even include a picture/scan.  I  ask PP in same message to stop case after he does so.

I even offer an apology and explain to eBay he was fine it was me.  I wanted to smooth things over.

Well 48 hours aint enough time for the eBay team to get involved. I still can't say for sure he ever concurred with my . message. Just posted messages of use reaching an agreement over here, but maybe be did.

Still 48 hours, the scans that supposedly he confirmed via PP showing satisfactory proof of condition, now show color touch per him  

He spins and sparns.  Keep reading the messages, I keep trying to let cooler heads prevail.

He then send  me a message, not asking if agree with him, and I never did accept it or give him concurrence but...

He stated he would have the board drop it.  I just needed to accept alll the risk for a restore.  Why I sent another 8 pics showing exact condition.  Maybe he's pulling the fast 1 here. 

If you read the messages and the emails I seriously doubt you will think I'm fraudulent.

Now was his show, indignation, outrage etc about my actions? The guys that asked a question, was lied/insulted 2x, but still sent PP  a message asking to dismiss the case and taken ownership of the issue .  

The seller says his self he escalated the PP claim BECAUSE he had done all i asked.  Maybe.  I do know that scan gis was good enough for him to state the condition was acceptable all of the sudden became proof of my dastardly deeds. The other 8 pics ignored, since he don't know whG I've done, since he's tired of it he told me it was over.  Just he didn't want thear anything about that book 

You Sherlock Holmes, may have picked the wrong bad guy.

Maybe he's not, but me going to PayPal because a seller of close to a $3k purchase tell you, 1 you didn't buy the book. 2 your a liar, 3 your a fraud.

Yeah sound like he pathological all the way around.

Notice how I handled a simlar situation with the other seller were way more money was involved . I  gave that seller 5 days, a 3 attempted communication attempts prior to returning. Note how that turned out

We waited less than 48 hours even after seeing my written request it be dropped.

That supposedly was the catalyst that cause him to believe and say all of three things. 

See that's the scam, he's lied  so much I'm not sure if he did concure on PP. Maybe just posted our agreement and not the terms. I can't say, when I say his email Wednesday I freaked out.  Killed the dispute. Was trying everything to get him  calm. Ultimately all he wanted was not to be responsible for any problems with the book.  I didn't accept those terms, he dictated them I didn't say anything. Happy I didn't.  

From his 1st response until his last message, be was simply tryiing to dodge an answer to a question I now suspect he knows.

Lie about selling it to me 

Lie about me having multiple accounts

Lie about me scamming 

Lie about me having the wrong seller 

Possibly lie about.properly accepting terms, I mean why break the pattern

Lies to either Pp or the board.

Claimed to tell Pp my scan showed satisfactory condition

Told the board it showed potential CT

Lies and even say it's funny how it looks like the Ct was in the same spot I was talking about.  Lies he was taking spine tics I clearly clearly stated the edges of pages looked funny ie  trimming.

He lies and stated I sold the book already. Even though I can screenshot both cancellations.

He lied when sold this board on none of  this being his fault.  Wake up. 

Finally after I keep trying to ", reach him" , stayed calm he knew his game had worked.  Well so he thought I will declare terms he will accept. I'll leave the thread, he'll get kicked off, pp won't help him when that book comes back a plod. 

Well if I wait Master card will help.

I know this based on his actions and treatment of me, I don't trust him.

Based on the board reactions he either spun a tale,  or I'm still having an episode and am deluded my thoughts.

I hate because.im not sure.

Whether thru calusness or calressness his entail responses (1 dm, 1 email) to, two very reasonable questions was 100% of the reason a PP claim was started. That's on him

His response was not accidental, he responded twice saying essentially the same things but in different ways. The 2nd esponse he hinted maybe I had the wrong seller 

Our next problem maybe my fault. But he escalated even though he saw my message asking for it to be dropped.  He then wordsmiths amd states he sent PP out agreement. What about the terms? I'll reread I'm not sure.

Still 48 hours later he's going nuts.

Nothing I say, apology I offer, assurances I provide calms him. Only being relased from the book. Stating he let everyone know he was done.  He also knew he had done the damage and I d be done.

Funny part was until I saw hoe pissed everyone was I  didn't bother to think thru this.. I almost bit.  

I played a part but read our messages, take into consideration what we said to PP and tell.me who was being unreasonable?

More importantly me this wasn't a partnership in disaster

There j just stated the same mess over and over. Hopefully it gets thru to someone

I still haven't read his version of  the events. What does the dats or DMS and emails show?

I LL check back in later.

-Da Boogey Man

he's going nuts.

Nothing I say, apology I offer calms him. Only being relased from the book. Stating he let everyone know he was done.  He also knew he had done the damage and I d be done.

Funny part was until I saw hope pissed everyone was I  didn't bother to think thru this.. I almost bit. 

I played a part but read our messages, take into consideration what we said to PP and tell.me who was being unreasonable?

There j just stated the same mess over and over. Hopefully it gets thru to someone

I still haven't read his version of  the events. What does the dats or DMS and emails show?

-Da Boogey Man

Edited by mdean2437

On 5/8/2022 at 7:22 AM, mdean2437 said:

@TC33

Offer rejected.

Still the emails and DM back me up

I have  other else but will respond if asked 

Really unless asked otherwise, I will just offer a summary and allow you all to decide .

My 1st message a DM asked 2 reasonable questions.  

1.Restore policy

2. Returns policy/acceptance

His 1st response was a DM IT WAS unreasonable

He claimed I was a liar

He didn't sell me the book..

I was pulling a scam.

His 2nd message and email was more for the same.

But with added twist of having the wrong seller. Still a liar and a scam

These 2 responses were my deciding factor in starting a PP claim. As other evidence had shown, I respond well when a seller response is reasonable.

Who accused someone if being a liar, theif, scam, or misremembering right out the box?

He then tried to play it off  as 2 accounts.

It wasn't until I gave him a way out by stating me he had different threads vs different users confused.  That don't make sense. You especially don't start slanging accusations without knowing.

We did agree that I'd provide proof of condition and he would confirm in a DM here and a dispute message on PP his acceptance of restoration returns.

He stated he did this, I take him at his word.

The messages I sent him and the PP dispute team was this: I need conccurance   that the photo attached proved condition, and  he satisfied with the condition, and that he would refund if restoration, /plod/green lab stuff happen.

I ask the case be dismissed once he confirmed both things.

I Didn't know it at the time but they wouldn't have ended it until a few days after the last response.   They don't actually read  or step until the case stalls.  Again didn't know, didn't know there was even a button to do it by.

Well 48  hours later, instead of taking to me like a normal person he hits the nuclear button.

Come here and convinces the entire board, that he a pure as the driven Snow, that poops lolly pops and gums drops, While in dastardly villain here to swindle all you funny book lovers.

Yet look at the facts of where this very post started. I  asked basic questions.  He deflected  with lies, insults and  induenno.  I was apologizing most of the time for something I was  not alone in creating. In fact my dispute in PP was justified.  He has to upload tracking numbers because of his responses, both.  Not my question.  I showed even while crazy I handled appropriate responses appropriately.  Me being crazy, well my original questions weren't, them my response based off his messages was not crazy either

We then reach an accord, 

I send a message asking for him to verify A and B. And even include a picture/scan.  I  ask PP in same message to stop case after he does so.

I even offer an apology and explain to eBay he was fine it was me.  I wanted to smooth things over.

Well 48 hours aint enough time for the eBay team to get involved. I still can't say for sure he ever concurred with my . message. Just posted messages of use reaching an agreement over here, but maybe be did.

Still 48 hours, the scans that supposedly he confirmed via PP showing satisfactory proof of condition, now show color touch per him  

He spins and sparns.  Keep reading the messages, I keep trying to let cooler heads prevail.

He then send  me a message, not asking if agree with him, and I never did accept it or give him concurrence but...

He stated he would have the board drop it.  I just needed to accept alll the risk for a restore.  Why I sent another 8 pics showing exact condition.  Maybe he's pulling the fast 1 here. 

If you read the messages and the emails I seriously doubt you will think I'm fraudulent.

Now was his show, indignation, outrage etc about my actions? The guys that asked a question, was lied/insulted 2x, but still sent PP  a message asking to dismiss the case and taken ownership of the issue .  

The seller says his self he escalated the PP claim BECAUSE he had done all i asked.  Maybe.  I do know that scan gis was good enough for him to state the condition was acceptable all of the sudden became proof of my dastardly deeds. The other 8 pics ignored, since he don't know whG I've done, since he's tired of it he told me it was over.  Just he didn't want thear anything about that book 

You Sherlock Holmes, may have picked the wrong bad guy.

Maybe he's not, but me going to PayPal because a seller of close to a $3k purchase tell you, 1 you didn't buy the book. 2 your a liar, 3 your a fraud.

Yeah sound like he pathological all the way around.

Notice how I handled a simlar situation with the other seller were way more money was involved . I  gave that seller 5 days, a 3 attempted communication attempts prior to returning. Note how that turned out

We waited less than 48 hours even after seeing my written request it be dropped.

That supposedly was the catalyst that cause him to believe and say all of three things. 

See that's the scam, he's lied  so much I'm not sure if he did concure on PP. Maybe just posted our agreement and not the terms. I can't say, when I say his email Wednesday I freaked out.  Killed the dispute. Was trying everything to get him  calm. Ultimately all he wanted was not to be responsible for any problems with the book.  I didn't accept those terms, he dictated them I didn't say anything. Happy I didn't.  

From his 1st response until his last message, be was simply tryiing to dodge an answer to a question I now suspect he knows.

Lie about selling it to me 

Lie about me having multiple accounts

Lie about me scamming 

Lie about me having the wrong seller 

Possibly lie about.properly accepting terms, I mean why break the pattern

Lies to either Pp or the board.

Claimed to tell Pp my scan showed satisfactory condition

Told the board it showed potential CT

Lies and even say it's funny how it looks like the Ct was in the same spot I was talking about.  Lies he was taking spine tics I clearly clearly stated the edges of pages looked funny ie  trimming.

He lies and stated I sold the book already. Even though I can screenshot both cancellations.

He lied when sold this board on none of  this being his fault.  Wake up. 

Finally after I keep trying to ", reach him" , stayed calm he knew his game had worked.  Well so he thought I will declare terms he will accept. I'll leave the thread, he'll get kicked off, pp won't help him when that book comes back a plod. 

Well if I wait Master card will help.

I know this based on his actions and treatment of me, I don't trust him.

Based on the board reactions he either spun a tale,  or I'm still having an episode and am deluded my thoughts.

I hate because.im not sure.

Whether thru calusness or calressness his entail responses (1 dm, 1 email) to, two very reasonable questions was 100% of the reason a PP claim was started. That's on him

His response was not accidental, he responded twice saying essentially the same things but in different ways. The 2nd esponse he hinted maybe I had the wrong seller 

Our next problem maybe my fault. But he escalated even though he saw my message asking for it to be dropped.  He then wordsmiths amd states he sent PP out agreement. What about the terms? I'll reread I'm not sure.

Still 48 hours later he's going nuts.

Nothing I say, apology I offer, assurances I provide calms him. Only being relased from the book. Stating he let everyone know he was done.  He also knew he had done the damage and I d be done.

Funny part was until I saw hoe pissed everyone was I  didn't bother to think thru this.. I almost bit.  

More importantly me this wasn't a partnership in disaster

-Da Boogey Man

he's going nuts.

Nothing I say, apology I offer calms him. Only being relased from the book. Stating he let everyone know he was done.  He also knew he had done the damage and I d be done.

Funny part was until I saw hope pissed everyone was I  didn't bother to think thru this.. I almost bit. 

-Da Boogey Man

If the mods (or Gods) are paying attention, can you kindly lock this thread before someone’s head explodes? 🙃

On 5/8/2022 at 6:42 AM, thewritestuff said:

If the mods (or Gods) are paying attention, can you kindly lock this thread before someone’s head explodes? 🙃

Lol Well I'm extremely tired no sleep yet, but  I'm only mad clinically, not temperamentally..

I delete most of this since I made a easier to follow Verizon in different thread

On 5/8/2022 at 4:27 AM, TC33 said:

Word to the wise, when you post in two different PM's threads like you are two different buyers and respond two months later asking for a return using the 2nd PM thread where I say sorry, the book is already sold to someone else, you should not use that same PM thread to ask for a return or be surprised by me asking if you are even the original buyer since you did not post your request from the original sales thread, instead you used the one that I said sorry the book was already sold!.  No me asking if you are even the original buyer 2 months later coming from that already sold PM thread is still not a good reason to post a bogus paypal dispute, especially when I realized you were the original buyer the next day right after you sent me an email.

Never sold this guy a Hulk 181 (even though he posted many multiple messages above about that) I think he is showing someone else offered a resto guarantee on a book he bought maybe?  A lot of what this guy posts in dozens of emails and PM's don't make a lot of sense.  Even though it had been 2 months, I did offer a return guarantee it was unrestored a good 6-8 different times after he placed the paypal dispute so I could get all my funds released, I did this multiple times over days and days, but he still would not even respond to me or release the paypal dispute until after I got this message board started and we found the ebay sales posts and feedback. (tsk)  I am confident this guy has some serious issues, but this has been the worst experience you can imagine!  

The emails about the 181 were from tons different seller. 

See you 1st in your DM ,you accused me of lying and attempting to scam you. 

The  in your next message which was an email you say roughly nthe same but I must have the seller of the book confused. 

you telling me 2x I was a liar, 2x to that I wasn't the buyer and 2x I was trying to scam you, is very simply what caused the PP dispute.

it doesn't matter if those 2 responses were  done with malice, or carelessness. An seller should expect a  charge back if not just once but twice tell a customer who asked 2 simple questions of being a liar, a theif, and then  state empathically they are  not  the purchaser of the book 

BElo is my intial questions and how he chose to answer the 1x, then he would answer them similarly in a later email.

The questions restoration Gurnanteed amd return policy

Screenshot_20220508-003319_Edge.thumb.jpg.1b90f9e1675b5163abbb823e861b1d9b.jpg