• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show Saturday, June 18
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Looks like we have a shocking 12 vendors who are doing June that didn't do our last show. That has to be a record. Highlights include Steve Wyatt and Elveen's Comics, both coming up from SoCal, plus the return of the board's own SIlverweb, plus new vendor Modesto Comics, who has a shop with good back issues. Big vendors Champion Comics and Heroes will also be returning.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:11 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Some of the vendors have really upped their game with some big pickups. (including A-1 Comics with the biggest collection purchase in their history).

For sure!  (thumbsu  A short video introduction to the newly-acquired Winters Collection is available on the A-1 Comics website.  Small portions of the collection were unveiled at the recent Collectors Summit and last week's Instagram Live Sales.  According to Brian Peets, the collector response has been extremely positive, and sales to date have been very strong.  Remember: you can't win if you don't play!  :grin:  :hi:

WinCOA.thumb.jpg.f67385834d07c86465b40bd54f3887cc.jpg

Sadly I will not be attending. Just got a surprise email from Fedex that a package from Sarasota is arriving Saturday and required signature verification. These are for my pre-1975 books that went out the same time as that modern submission.

I will have to satisfy myself with that and with the few GA books I picked up from Robot's cool sale!

Edited by PovertyRow

I think they add to the hobby actually. I enjoy the certificates myself and actually created some for some of the Green River books I obtained and sold. (I think they help in that they highlight the date stamp, but Green River Pedigree books are more easily identifiable.)

If you're saying they're worthless in terms of actual dollars and cents, that's an entirely different issue as proving the provenance of something is better left to the "experts".

I have a From the Collection of Brian Bolland Killing Joke #1 that may or may not be true, but I enjoy having it nonetheless. (shrug)

Edited by sckao

On 6/17/2022 at 7:51 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

I enjoy some of them too. The IRS collection. The Kubert Collection. Etc.

Elveen's Comics unfortunately had to cancel last minute and couldnt' make the drive up from SoCal.

We're not coming up this time. We went to a show last weekend in North Hollywood too soon for another trip plus fathers day weekend. But and I know this one hasn't happened yet,but hopefully the next one will be a go for me. Have a good show and I really the like few books I have from the Kubert collection it's nice having something from one of my favorite big five war creators even though the Kuberts I have are Marvels :makepoint:

Oh and too bad about Elveen's his stock is always fun to dig through.

I must have some weird karma going with submitting to CGC. So my Fedex was supposed to be Saturday, as I said, so am staying home today. I made a few online orders for Saturday delivery since I was going to be home anyway.

Now I find my CGC delivery has been rescheduled for Monday. Similar thing happened with my last Fedex CGC delivery, which is why I avoid them whenever possible. doh!

fedex sat 6-18.png

Edited by PovertyRow

On 6/18/2022 at 12:50 PM, PovertyRow said:

I must have some weird karma going with submitting to CGC. So my Fedex was supposed to be Saturday, as I said, so am staying home today. I made a few online orders for Saturday delivery since I was going to be home anyway.

Now I find my CGC delivery has been rescheduled for Monday. Similar thing happened with my last Fedex CGC delivery, which is why I avoid them whenever possible. doh!

fedex sat 6-18.png

All my return shipping from CGC ALWAYS gets delayed.  Granted, I use the USPS Registered Mail, but I dunno what it is, the tracking will show up in some San Francisco Distribution Center for a day or two, then it'll get moved to some other location in SF for another 2 days, then it'll show as out for delivery, then back to the previous location, then out for delivery again.  It's monumentally frustrating because the time bouncing around on the truck is the most worrisome for me.  I hate that CGC doesn't give us the option to use Priority Mail.  I ship all my books via Priority Mail and all my books are delivered within two days with accurate tracking.  I get that Priority only insures up to a certain point, but from my experience, Registered Mail is not providing the advertised service.  If my package value is only $400 (well within the Priority insured rates), then just let me ship via Priority.  It's soooo much cheaper, faster, and just plain better.

Anyways, I got side-tracked.  You've still got 3 hours to hit up the Berkeley show.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, ExNihilo said:

All my return shipping from CGC ALWAYS gets delayed.  Granted, I use the USPS Registered Mail, but I dunno what it is, the tracking will show up in some San Francisco Distribution Center for a day or two, then it'll get moved to some other location in SF for another 2 days, then it'll show as out for delivery, then back to the previous location, then out for delivery again.  It's monumentally frustrating because the time bouncing around on the truck is the most worrisome for me.  I hate that CGC doesn't give us the option to use Priority Mail.  I ship all my books via Priority Mail and all my books are delivered within two days with accurate tracking.  I get that Priority only insures up to a certain point, but from my experience, Registered Mail is not providing the advertised service.  If my package value is only $400 (well within the Priority insured rates), then just let me ship via Priority.  It's soooo much cheaper, faster, and just plain better.

Anyways, I got side-tracked.  You've still got 3 hours to hit up the Berkeley show.

I hear that. Being in SF regular Priority Mail has been excellent. Fedex not nearly so. Have yet to experience USPS Registered. Sadly since I was planning to stay home for that Fedex shipment I made a couple of online orders for Saturday delivery and they are out on the road as I type. So no show for me. To compensate even further after ordering from Robot Man's great cheap GA thread I ordered a few cool books from MCS today to help while away the time. I'll post them when I receive them.