• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Adventures of Humpty Dumpty #nn (1877) Promotional Comic Book
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Interesting .. can’t see the staples not sure how everything is attached. But looks like it’s in the 6.0 to 6.5 range if I had to take a stab at it like a conventional comic book. It’s so tiny but looks to be in very nice condition especially the page quality for something this vintage. 

On 5/8/2022 at 12:22 AM, Qalyar said:

May I ask for a page count? I know some extant copies are incomplete.

This copy actually has 14 pages. One of the outer wraps is in there twice. My second copy has 12 pages. I know when these were made, they printed individual plates on heavier paper stock and card sized prints as well. These pop up from time to time on eBay, usually from pickers or vintage hunters. This copy in this thread was actually found inside of an antique book from a book collection I bought at an estate sale. 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, Carpendaddy said:

This copy actually has 14 pages. One of the outer wraps is in there twice. My second copy has 12 pages. I know when these were made, they printed individual plates on heavier paper stock and card sized prints as well. These pop up from time to time on eBay, usually from pickers or vintage hunters. This copy in this thread was actually found inside of an antique book from a book collection I bought at an estate sale. 

All there then!

I'm gonna go 7.0 here because of FC LL corner, BC discoloration, and that crease or tear at the right on the 3rd image. But I have less confidence than usual in my grade estimate, because I have very little idea what to expect for Platinum Age grading standards.