• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED -- You Might Find It!
4 4

461 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, Readcomix said:

It’s beautiful! And the only cheap Baker on color newsprint that I know of. (thumbsu

Not to derail the thread, but the four books Baker did for Dell... Lassie 20-22 and Four Color 588 (King Richard and the Crusaders) and the Classic Comics/ Classics Illustrated #32 (Lorna Doone) are all pretty affordable.  But yeah, it's a short list.  Nice pickup!

On 5/6/2022 at 1:03 AM, OtherEric said:

Not to derail the thread, but the four books Baker did for Dell... Lassie 20-22 and Four Color 588 (King Richard and the Crusaders) and the Classic Comics/ Classics Illustrated #32 (Lorna Doone) are all pretty affordable.  But yeah, it's a short list.  Nice pickup!

Derail? In my threads? Nonsense! This is much-appreciated standard operating procedure, so thank YOU! Seriously, I know some boardies like an all business approach to a thread but I’ve always most enjoyed the ones that give the boards that live hangout/clubhouse feel, so I try to create that atmosphere. So thank you for this!

Awesome comprehensive list, and probably the only relatively cheap original Baker works (though I guess a nice copy of CI 32 1st edition isn’t dirt cheap anymore). I meant as far as classic Baker wheelhouse work (Phantom Lady, romance/GGA) is anything else reprinted on newsprint besides this one oddball?

And while the Dells are much tamer by comparison, I remember he just couldn’t help himself and worked a leg shot or two into one of the Lassies — an ice skating scene, I think?

On 5/6/2022 at 1:40 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Man, General Ross can't catch a break no matter what book he's appearing in.

First Thunderbolt Ross cover! I underpriced it! doh!

Actually, if they had reprinted the cover to Dynamic #12, there’s no way I would be selling it! (Yeah, I guess this is sort of a WTB - or trade for - a Dynamic #12…)

On 5/6/2022 at 1:03 AM, OtherEric said:

Baker did for Dell... Lassie 20-22

These have covers by Baker, although, truth be told, they were back covers and part of the story.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, JollyComics said:

Guess what I just found???

Reveal hidden contents

coal-lump-picture-id149727481?k=6&m=149727481&s=612x612&w=0&h=bgCcVOwQIZgm3N8uOorvgrXMJjnUQMUDRfy6Tf7Rt60=

Did you have surgery, or...,?

:news: I’m an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for thinking I’d have time last night! doh!

I don’t really have much time to post tonight as I have an early meeting tomorrow but let’s get a handful more up, anyway.

And Skottie Young variant Secret Wars 1 and the action figure variant covers have been claimed via PM by a Mysterious Stranger; thank you! (thumbsu