• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From the NY Times : Vincent Zurzolo article
5 5

83 posts in this topic

I don't know Vincent too well but my impression has always been he was a pretty nice person with a decent sense of humor and able to laugh at jokes about him.  I would also say he has to be an astute businessman otherwise he wouldn’t still be in business.  That means he will have people that disagree with how he operates, part of the game.

I still wish the article had covered his colonic ritual. :sumo:

Edited by batman_fan

I personally have had nothing but great interactions with him. No matter where we bumped into each other at a con,  before I eventually made my way to his table (later Metro booth) he always stopped to shake my hand and ask how I'm doing.

Whenever I visit the office,  if he's in, he will come out greet me. Hard worker and champion for the ever growing exceptance of comic books in the overall culture. 

Well deserved success in my book. 

Edited by sagii

On 5/10/2022 at 4:15 AM, namisgr said:

So let's see now.  There was a story in a Sunday Lifestyle section of the Times about Vincent Z.

He works hard to stay in physical shape and eat healthy, and benefits from meditation.  He's also got a thing for skin care.

He loves his dad, who's still chugging along independently at 95.  He learned cooking from his parents and enjoys doing it.

He has a good connection with his wife, which started over comic books.

He loves comic books and still reads them for enjoyment.

He is enthusiastic about comics as long term investments.

Reprehensible.

I kept waiting for something and then it was over.  Just not what I was expecting.  How can you profile a comic dealer without a few zany sound effects tossed in?

I know Vinnie pretty well, Rox and I dined with he and his wife at a superb Italian restaurant he recommended while we were at NYCC one year.  Nice guy and great host.  That was the same trip we were invited to visit the studio of the impressive neorealist painter Steven Assael; good memories from that journey all around ...the only caveat being my recollection of the Javits Center where the convention was held.

I dunno.  I actually thought it was kinda interesting seeing the "normal" stuff he does in life.

After I read all the ridiculing the article got, I actually had to check again to see if I was missing something.  

It seems rather innocuous.  Don't quite understand all the fun being made of it...???

On 5/13/2022 at 11:11 PM, Microchip said:

If you're on his Facebook page, food, growing food, his dad cooking, his dad's vegetales, his dad growing vegetables features a lot (thumbsu

New York Times journalism - swiping from the subjects Facebook page!