• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying a Signature - BATMAN Sketch Cover

8 posts in this topic

Got this book because of the cool Batman sketch on the cover, but the seller nor I know who the artist is.  I do not recognize the sig....anyone else know?

IMG_0441.jpeg

I also question if it is professional or not (where exactly are the fingers). It is a good sketch but nary a confident line to be found in my opinion, except for the signature which is well practiced.

2020? odd year pandemic wise for cons. Search the signature on google images is my best advice.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, Bird said:

I also question if it is professional or not (where exactly are the fingers). It is a good sketch but nary a confident line to be found in my opinion, except for the signature which is well practiced.

2020? odd year pandemic wise for cons. Search the signature on google images is my best advice.

It was done in early 2020 (before Mid-March).   

I don't understand what "nary a confident line" means...

If anyone can help with this signature...it would be greatly appreciated!

On 5/9/2022 at 12:21 PM, iae21 said:

I don't understand what "nary a confident line" means...

confident lines are drawn with length and even pressure. this has tons of little sketchy sketchy lines like the person was not sure where they should go with the pencil. most pros will have strong fluid lines when they draw. on this the fingers have no definition, the artist does not seem to confidently draw the picture. there is no cape below the shoulders except for lines, and the left side of the cape on the bottom? what's going on there? it all seems unsure rather than stylized

it is a nice drawing. the date may be a clue to its' origins, there were not a lot on cons in that time period at least near me