• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using Scantily Women To Sell Comics
8 8

252 posts in this topic

I have recently noticed a slight trend on IG. I have seen sellers use women who are showing much of their "assets" as a method to sell books.

Look, I'm no prude. However, if I was a female collector, I would find this strategy to be offensive. If sellers used sculpted men in Speedo swimming trunks to sell comics, I would feel the same way. Again, I'm no prude. However, I don't think it's appropriate to use a person's sexuality to sell comics. With some other products, it's a fine line, but sexuality and comics just aren't related. Yes, this is despite the fact that many artists draw anatomically impossible women.

Do you agree with this method of selling comics? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Here are some recent examples:

1527991153_GirlwithComic.jpg.05f153bafa7218b701772783b392527a.jpg

1640087419_GirlwithComic1.jpg.b601b0d97d4046d172bef4905cb6df63.jpg

743799743_GirlwithComic2.thumb.jpg.abe4286029fd7a786641ffa338bf011b.jpg

Even the first woman rendered pictured above who is rendered non humanly surreal looking by excessive Digital Noise Reduction and heavy handed makeup is still much more of a selling point than say Anthony Snyder's or Bechara Malouf's horrific mugs :roflmao:

Hey it's proven for over a century to work in many industries why not comics...

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, Iconic1s said:

It’s even worse when they are ugly!!  There are a few on eBay that I would never buy from knowing that the creature holding the book touched it.

They are trying to work off of psychology here.  Use the ugly thing to make the other thing look better.