• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using Scantily Women To Sell Comics
8 8

252 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2022 at 1:25 PM, wombat said:

The 1950s called, they want you back. The fact that you would even include the third picture as an example of what you are talking about shows you have some very warped views of women. 

Actually, I have seen pictures of the 3rd woman displaying her assets also. I just couldn't find them right before I posted.

I'm going to make this simple for everyone: Would you want your daughter clearly showing her "assets" in the hope of selling a comic book? Or would you want your daughter to stand near a booth wearing a string bikini just so men can ogle her? I know exactly what my answer would be.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:14 PM, darkstar said:

I can only imagine your reaction at the sight of a booth babe at a convention. 

I go to conventions for two reasons - 1) I am going to spend an inordinate amount of time in the dealer area, as I am always in search of books, and 2) There are times when I go because I want to meet an actor, writer, or artist. 

At Planet Comicon a few years ago, I was able to the main cast of ST: TNG to sign a group photo, except Patrick Stewart. It is now one of my prized possessions.

I stay away from the booths and the cos-play areas, as I have absolutely no interest in either of them.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 5/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, Math Teacher said:

Actually, I have seen pictures of the 3rd woman displaying her assets also. I just couldn't find them right before I posted.

I'm going to make this simple for everyone: Would you want your daughter clearly showing her "assets" in the hope of selling a comic book? Or would you want your daughter to stand near a booth wearing a string bikini just so men can ogle her? I know exactly what my answer would be.

I don't go to many conventions. This is a thing?

On 5/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, Math Teacher said:

Perhaps let your daughter make her own decisions. 

On 5/7/2022 at 4:19 PM, media_junkie said:

Dude, seriously do you just have a huge rolodex of memes that you can whip out at a moments notice?  And they always seem to be on point to boot!

Somewhere around 30 folders that have anywhere from 1-8 k in each.. :roflmao:

Children need guidance throughout their lives. If my daughter asked me if I thought this was a good idea, I would have said no. If my daughter did this without asking me and of her accord, I would keep my mouth shut, but I would still think it would be inappropriate.

I don't provide unsolicited advice to either of my children. They are adults, after all, and they need to be allowed to make mistakes, so they can learn from them. When I was younger, I got a lot of unsolicited advice from my parents. Granted, I didn't like it, but I never complained, as I was taught to respect my elders. In the end, there were several times when my parents asked me for advice. Circle of life, I guess.