• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any thoughts on Young Avengers possibilities in MCU? (contains spoilers for Doc 2)
1 1

20 posts in this topic

So, with the events of Multiverse of Madness I would say Tommy and Billy will NOT be joining the MCU Young Avengers should any such project actually happen. It seemed like they were sort of the lynchpins of any Young Avengers talk, you always knew Wanda was going after them so it seemed a fait accompli that they would be brought to the MCU proper, but now...? It seems they are not coming to me.

So who do we have as possibilities?

AMERICA CHAVEZ (I left off, thanks jsilverjanet)

Kate Bishop (who I loved in Hawkeye)

Kamala Khan is available and a teen but was not in the YA comics.

RiRi Williams, who is supposedly coming for sure as well but I am not sure myself where or when

Cassie Pym, Ant-Man's daughter

After that it gets thin quickly. Would they do the Bradley kid from F&WS? Who am I missing. Who fits and who doesn't? The WandaVision kids were just too young anyway, that's Power Pack territory.

Honestly, right there with Kate, Cassie, Kamala, and RiRi you have pretty good movie material already. Put those 4 up against Zemo (I like that actor) and we have a movie. Zemo: "I cannot fight these children"..."These girls are aggravating but still, they are but children"..."OMG again, seriously? Them again!"..."I guess I must fight but only to stop them and teach them a lesson"..."again with these teen demonesses? I WILL KILL YOU ALL!"

Edited by Bird

Loki series showed the time line changing and the possibility of multiple versions of Kang.  Iron Lad is a young Kang before he becomes Kang.  Hulkling’s parents are Captain Marvel and a skrull Princess Anelle.  Still possible to introduce Hulkling.  Keep in mind, with all the different time lines, the possibility of these Young Avengers to come together emerging from different timelines. 

Lionsgate as part of its Marvel Entertainment line of animated movies back in the mid-2000's produced Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow. The parents of these young heroes were killed off by Ultron. It was actually very well done, and I think they would have continued on if not for Marvel Studios becoming the go-forward studio focus.

01_Young_Avengers.PNG.9d10ead3828e0c401b40b653387b4274.PNG

I wouldn't mind seeing that story played out. Though it would be at the later part of the current hero stories so they don't get killed off needlessly.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:23 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Loki series showed the time line changing and the possibility of multiple versions of Kang.  Iron Lad is a young Kang before he becomes Kang.  Hulkling’s parents are Captain Marvel and a skrull Princess Anelle.  Still possible to introduce Hulkling.  Keep in mind, with all the different time lines, the possibility of these Young Avengers to come together emerging from different timelines. 

I would love to see Iron Lad but I am not sure they can put Kid Kang in there yet. He would have to come from the timeline (or multiverse) in any event but they have shown that they will use just the names if they want too.

Hulking seems a good fit. If anything it seems like they are moving to a cosmic storyline and introducing him (Teddy?) would make sense.

Iron Lad could be the last YA to be introduced.  The YA fought Kang in the first arc and it was revealed that Iron Lad was a young Kang. That could work for the YA movie. For those that haven’t read the story, it would be the big reveal at that point in the movie.

On 5/8/2022 at 10:15 AM, Bird said:

So, with the events of Multiverse of Madness I would say Tommy and Billy will NOT be joining the MCU Young Avengers should any such project actually happen. It seemed like they were sort of the lynchpins of any Young Avengers talk, you always knew Wanda was going after them so it seemed a fait accompli that they would be brought to the MCU proper, but now...? It seems they are not coming to me.

So who do we have as possibilities?

Kate Bishop (who I loved in Hawkeye)

Kamala Khan is available and a teen but was not in the YA comics.

RiRi Williams, who is supposedly coming for sure as well but I am not sure myself where or when

Cassie Pym, Ant-Man's daughter

After that it gets thin quickly. Would they do the Bradley kid from F&WS? Who am I missing. Who fits and who doesn't? The WandaVision kids were just too young anyway, that's Power Pack territory.

Honestly, right there with Kate, Cassie, Kamala, and RiRi you have pretty good movie material already. Put those 4 up against Zemo (I like that actor) and we have a movie. Zemo: "I cannot fight these children"..."These girls are aggravating but still, they are but children"..."OMG again, seriously? Them again!"..."I guess I must fight but only to stop them and teach them a lesson"..."again with these teen demonesses? I WILL KILL YOU ALL!"

KANG

Please no.

But don't mind me - I'm an old fogey.

The last time I was reading new Avengers books was the (excellent) Bendis New Avengers run back circa 2005-2006.

Young Avengers = well after my time.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

"Sup?"

"Sup"?

"Made some sparkles."

Worst dialogue between 2 characters in the MCU?

How soon they forget.

• WANDA: "I'm sorry for all the pain I caused."
  • MONICA: "I know"
  • WANDA: "I don't understand this power. But I will!"
  • WANDA: "Goodbye Monica!" 
  • MONICA: "Bye Wanda!" 

On 5/10/2022 at 11:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

How soon they forget.

• WANDA: "I'm sorry for all the pain I caused."
  • MONICA: "I know"
  • WANDA: "I don't understand this power. But I will!"
  • WANDA: "Goodbye Monica!" 
  • MONICA: "Bye Wanda!" 

I guess your example is worse, considering that a "hero" is condoning her villainous actions, and Strange/Chavez is just meaningless small talk.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I guess your example is worse, considering that a "hero" is condoning her villainous actions, and Strange/Chavez is just meaningless small talk.

And the other more heroly hero just wishes her good luck while she rides off into the sunset.

:facepalm:

On 5/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Please no.

But don't mind me - I'm an old fogey.

The last time I was reading new Avengers books was the (excellent) Bendis New Avengers run back circa 2005-2006.

Young Avengers = well after my time.

Young Avengers was 2005 I believe.  I remember reading and liking it. Fuzzy on the details now though. 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:45 PM, Jemin said:

Young Avengers was 2005 I believe.  I remember reading and liking it. Fuzzy on the details now though. 

I enjoyed the series. It takes place after Avengers Disassembled.  No more Scott Lang or Clint Barton. The Avengers where torn apart. 

The first 6 issue arc involving Kang was fantastic. It could easily be the plot for a movie.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

Lionsgate as part of its Marvel Entertainment line of animated movies back in the mid-2000's produced Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow. The parents of these young heroes were killed off by Ultron. It was actually very well done, and I think they would have continued on if not for Marvel Studios becoming the go-forward studio focus.

01_Young_Avengers.PNG.9d10ead3828e0c401b40b653387b4274.PNG

I wouldn't mind seeing that story played out. Though it would be at the later part of the current hero stories so they don't get killed off needlessly.

I'm going back to this movie over the weekend to refresh my memory. I'm actually looking forward to it.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:19 AM, jsilverjanet said:

America Chavez?

not sure how I left her off the list! Yes, good catch, she is in the game from now on it seems.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:06 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Please no.

it is a good avengers story all in all. I enjoy Jim Cheung art and he shined on this series.

On 5/12/2022 at 6:24 AM, Bird said:

not sure how I left her off the list! Yes, good catch, she is in the game from now on it seems.

it is a good avengers story all in all. I enjoy Jim Cheung art and he shined on this series.

America Chavez was in YA vol 2. I never read any of those issues, but Marvel could go that route with the 2.0 lineup.

The Kang story could work with young Kang going back in time from where he was originally.  Then the 3rd vision was created in place of Iron Lad.  Or the MCU could throw a twist at us with Riri Williams introduced into the mix at that point.

Edited by Catwomancomics