• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: Top Notch 24
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Front cover is nice.  Everything is solid at the spine.

Back cover is fairly nice too except for some light bug chews along the spine.  There's at least a full inch split chewed at the top & bottom.  In the 3rd Pic I lifted the back cover to let some light show you the bug chews on the back cover.

Comic presents really well, but I know it'll get hit hard for that bug chew.

IMG_1139.jpeg

IMG_1140.jpeg

IMG_1141.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

Wow, looks great! Probably 4.0 or thereabouts but it obviously looks way better.

Are you sure those are bug chews? It seems like the book could have been removed from a bound volume, and that could be paper loss from glue running along the back of the spine. (In which case, you may want to check for trimming too.) There've been a bunch of formerly-bound-volume MLJs circulating in the last few years... I've got quite a few myself. :) 

On 5/10/2022 at 4:41 PM, Point Five said:

Are you sure those are bug chews? It seems like the book could have been removed from a bound volume, and that could be paper loss from glue running along the back of the spine. (In which case, you may want to check for trimming too.) There've been a bunch of formerly-bound-volume MLJs circulating in the last few years... I've got quite a few myself. :) 

Hmmm... that's an interesting thought, although I've never seen a comic come out of a "bound book" looking this nice along the spine (even with the defects this one has).

Also, I don't think it's trimmed which most, but not all, bound books are.

I'm going to say there's a "chance" you are right, but I still think it would get a universal grade.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:41 PM, Point Five said:

Wow, looks great! Probably 4.0 or thereabouts but it obviously looks way better.

In the grader notes they called it "chews" on this.  No trimming.