• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Spider-man Artists……

50 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2022 at 9:51 AM, Pontoon said:

Ditko, Romita, Kane, Andru.

Gil Kane and Ross Andru were vital to ASM continuity. Some of my favorite issues involve their art. Hard to leave them out. That's the problem with rankings. All in good fun though. We should just build a rotating heads wall of champions and put as many ASM artists as we want on there :idea:

On 5/15/2022 at 11:13 AM, comix4fun said:

Bagley broke Kirby's record for most consecutive issues of a single (non-self published) title penciled. That's a gigantic deal for any generation of comic or artist. 

I really liked his work on USM, especially when he was inked by Thibert.   

Bagley USM > Bagley ASM  

So I’ve fairly ignorant when it comes to original art…..

Is there much early Dikto Amazing Spider-Man OA in existence? For example I always think about those Sinister Six splashes from the first Amazing Spider-Man annual. Do they exist? Is their ownership known?

On 5/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, lightninglad said:

So I’ve fairly ignorant when it comes to original art…..

Is there much early Dikto Amazing Spider-Man OA in existence? For example I always think about those Sinister Six splashes from the first Amazing Spider-Man annual. Do they exist? Is their ownership known?

There is a lot out there in existence. Including this:

https://www.tcj.com/a-holy-grail-in-the-library-of-congress-visiting-steve-ditkos-amazing-fantasy-15-original-artwork/

https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2016687393/

Edited by J.Sid
add 2nd link

On 5/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, J.Sid said:

That’s awesome! I should plan a trip to the Library of Congress.