• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Issue I've noticed with some new Marvels...
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

This is either something new, or just something I haven't paid attention to...

At least half of the marvel books I get in each week seem to have these really small, hairline scratches/scrapes running parallel along the back of the spine.  They always seem to occur on like-books.  For instance, several copies of various Obi Wan covers, but not on any of the Halcyon covers.

I'm guessing it's a printing thing?  I only see this on Marvels.  Images attached to see what I'm blabbering about.

These images make it look a lot worse than it is.  They're really small and thin...

Image from iOS.jpg

Image from iOS (1).jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Edited by CheeseFrog

I've seen it several times on books as old as 2016.  What it looks like to me is the paper being pinched when cut from either the blade needing sharpening or just a weird angle when the pressure is applied.  It's like if a printers crease happened on the cut edge of the page.  It being on the spine is a little weird as I usually see it on the top of bottom edge.  

So basically, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Yup- very much so.

They don’t really break color… just little ripples that I suppose could be pressed out with some humidity, if I cared that much about the particular book.

Was mainly just curious.  Wow, since 2016?  I have definitely not been paying attention.