• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exiles #2 - How Many Printings (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I've been looking at Exiles #2 (Cover A) and came across one for sale with the descriptor "Volume 5". There are no additional details. This leads me to ask, how many printing versions did the publisher release? By this I mean, is there a 2nd, 3rd printing? If so, how can you tell the difference?

The only other detail I noticed is that most of the slabbed are dated June 2018, where the comic publication date is April 2018.

Hopefully I'm wrong and there is only a 1st printing.

Exiles #2.jpeg

On 5/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

I've been looking at Exiles #2 (Cover A) and came across one for sale with the descriptor "Volume 5". There are no additional details.

Because everybody (well, everybody else) knows that the volume number is how many times a publisher has started a new series with the same title. Yes, that's the simplified version that is relevant to this question rather than an in-depth historical explanation.

This leads me to ask, how many printing versions did the publisher release? By this I mean, is there a 2nd, 3rd printing? If so, how can you tell the difference?

The difference between printings (when there are reprints) is usually obvious and often on the cover.

The only other detail I noticed is that most of the slabbed are dated June 2018, where the comic publication date is April 2018.

Hopefully I'm wrong and there is only a 1st printing.

People may talk about release dates occasionally for certain reasons, but normally the date used for a comic is the cover/indicia date, except when it relates to upcoming issues.