• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 361 Signature Series with 1 big problem... Please Help! --- UPDATE: Problem Solved!
2 2

14 posts in this topic

So.... I just unboxed my ASM 361 that I had sent into CGC for the Mark Bagley signing event. To my delight, the book came back signed and graded a 9.8 (it was submitted with a 9.6 blue label). There's just one little problem.... The book came back with a BLUE LABEL! On top of that, the label doesn't even include the Bagley signing in the notes. I've attached photos of the slab along with the invoice, original packing slip, and a screen shot of the submission status. Not sure what to do next. Hoping someone from CGC will see this post and reach out. Hopefully, I can send it back in and they'll just replace the label and update the notes to reflect that it's an SS book? I'd appreciate any guidance / thoughts on what to do next. Thank you all.

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

ASM 361-6.PNG

Edited by Nilo2

Dont worry, just call them to let them know. Think you will need to send it back to them stating "mechanical error" .  They will rectify it for you. When you do send to them, indicate " mechanical error" on the packaging itself. 

From their website: 

Clerical or Mechanical Errors. A clerical or mechanical error occurs when a Collectible is encapsulated with a label that bears a grade and/or description that clearly does not correspond with the Collectible.

Another Quality control issue.  This happened to another that I recently saw and they got blue labels but had the signing information on it.  I just got notification that my SS just shipped so now I am curious to see what it will be.

From past messages with issues like this, they stated the following, call or email us the certification number and the issue and we will send you instructions and a link to a pre-paid shipping label to send that back to us.  You can call us at 877-662-6642 and email us at: submissions@cgccomics.com. 

Thank you both. I'm still struggling to understand how this type of error could happen. I thought there were supposed to be strict controls in place with SS books to guarantee authenticity? In any case, I'm relieved to know that this is a known issue that can be resolved.

Hope you get everything all sorted out. Dont struggle, just learn to accept and live with it. Expect more . They have the market but with that comes QC issues as they deal with the volume. I live overseas and such issues take on a whole new myriad. But glad they have good customer service to remedy . 

On 5/14/2022 at 9:48 PM, Grendel72 said:

Dont struggle, just learn to accept and live with it.

Do not ever take this advice.

You are paying for a guaranteed quality service that failed on multiple levels and the fix isn't compensation to you, but to just mail the book back so they can correct it. You have every right to be angry since you will now be without your book for how ever long they prioritize fixing the label.  But, hey it's alright, at least they are not forcing you to pay shipping... right.:shy:

HR is careless and hired wrong people to do the essential jobs. CGC seemingly haven't monitored or evaluateed or trained new employees or corrected the current employees properly - maybe they didn't pay attention to their sloppy performances.  More errors cost their money.  They haven't improved anything especially the time management.

On 5/14/2022 at 10:59 PM, DougC said:

Do not ever take this advice.

You are paying for a guaranteed quality service that failed on multiple levels and the fix isn't compensation to you, but to just mail the book back so they can correct it. You have every right to be angry since you will now be without your book for how ever long they prioritize fixing the label.  But, hey it's alright, at least they are not forcing you to pay shipping... right.:shy:

I’ve had this similar things happen with books of mine about 6 times, and I’ve never had to pay anything outside of the original payment (cgc paid for everything). Also, they’ve gotten them back to me in about 2-3 weeks. Only real issue I had was one book that the signatures pulled up with reholdering and CGC made it right.

Nothing wrong with posting here, but waiting for them (Cgc) passively to see it and hope they respond is insane. 

contact them ASAP and get them to fix it.

email, phone, social media, linkedin, ask Cgc subforum, whatever.  

Just got my book back from CGC. I must say that they addressed the problem quickly and competently. While I am not new to this game, I guess that I had been fortunate enough to not run into this type of issue with my previous submissions. It really threw me at first and I have to give a big "Thank You" again to everyone who offered their advise and guidance. 

IMG_3139.jpg