• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS: SECRET WARS (2025)
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2022 at 8:38 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I never understand why SW (2015) was called SW... I mean, multiple Universes know about the war so it's not so secret is it?(shrug)

Do they even have a war?  It's really just one big battle.  "Secret Battle" doesn't really have the same ring to it.  lol

On 7/14/2022 at 6:47 PM, paperheart said:

Does the MCU need the Russo Brothers or do the Russo Brothers need the MCU?

image.png.a4e58ca0095245f1cfcb56729af264f6.png

image.png.73405921e5979f8264cd95f41f6b5512.png

Think of it like this... The Russo brothers only know how to play one video game.  Marvel only knows of two guys that know how to play their video game better than anyone else. 

On 7/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I’m going to guess that by end of phase 6 - the strength/hold Marvel/Disney has on the box office is less than what it is today 

I have a feeling you are right. Which may be why they are ramming so much content forward to frontload the MCU box office impact before any burnout drastically impacts the results.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:23 AM, Larryw7 said:

Maybe they can bring in Zack Snyder as director. Now wouldn't that be interesting.

I doubt that he would jive with the way that Marvel Studios basically controls all creative output. It's just not a fit unless they give him a great writer and let him do his thing.

Many fans had thought that perhaps Cretton would direct both movies, the way that Joss Whedon directed The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron and how Anthony and Joe Russo directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. There's a key difference here, Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars open about six months apart from each other. It's not unheard of for a filmmaker to direct two movies that release in the same year (Ridley Scott did it last year while Steven Spielberg has done it six times), movies of this magnitude are completely different ballgame; and that in mind, it seems Marvel is targeting another director to helm the other 2025 Avengers movie.

Deadline report Justin Kroll took to social media to not only corroborate yesterday's report from The Hollywood Reporter on Cretton directing "The Kang Dynasty," but also to offer this nugget of info: "It sounds like the plan is for Destin to direct Kang and a different director would helm SECRET WARS unlike Russos doing both INFINITY and ENDGAME."

My hope for what they do with SW is at some point have a culmination with all or most of the principles involved that has at least some connection to the 1984 source material. I know it can be unworkable to follow that exactly but just some connection would be nice. In reality they'll most likely totally disregard the material doing whatever the hell they want then call it "Secret wars"... but whatever...one can hope 🙏

Well anyway, phase six is meh but I don't think people had too many expectations there? I'm of the thinking, people know they have rights to so many heavy hitters and the longer they put that off the more people are going to start getting restless. The Kangs/Lokis of the world are fine but the returns on that might start to diminish for the MCU. People are ready for the Dooms and Surfers! So ummm....maybe let's get on with it Kevin.

Edit: Nevermind I take most of that back. Jeez I need to follow this stuff more closely!

Edited by MGsimba77

Following the success of Loki and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Michael Waldron looks to be in line for another high-profile Marvel property as sources tell Deadline he is set to write Avengers: Secret Wars for Marvel Studios.

Deadline recently broke that Jeff Loveness was on board to write Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, following the news Destin Daniel Cretton would direct Kang Dynasty for Marvel Studios, and now both films have locked up their writers. Insiders add that Secret Wars will have its own director, though it’s assumed all parties will be in touch while the films are in development. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is producing.

Insiders say meetings for the job took place last month, and while a number of writers met, many believed Waldron was the front-runner given how much trust the studio has in the writer. Waldron has been on a roll with the studio during the past year, starting with last year’s smash hit Loki series for Disney+. Waldron served as exec producer and showrunner on the series, which was so popular it became one of few Marvel series to receive a second-season renewal. Production on Season 2 is underway.

On 8/20/2023 at 7:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

Years ago I had mentioned that the only way for the MCU to thrive is to reboot it through an alternate dimension.  Movie stars get older and demand larger contracts.  However, I never saw Secret Wars coming, I always assumed it would be through Kang as the rights at the time were slightly ambiguous as far as who owned what in all of his incarnations. 

Iron Man is eventually coming back.  This would be the way to do it.